We stayed here for the last two nights of our road trip around California, Our hotel room wasn't in the main block but in another block across the road from the reception - trying to park the car was even better in the tight car park they had under the hotel.
We had some walk with our cases to get there and felt a bit uneasy as it was right opposite Fishermans Wharf.
Fishermans Wharf is fine except for the touts on the streets spoil it - be warned they do hound you as we found on our first trip out and ended up $15 down.
We didn't find the staff very friendly either, especially as Virgin give you a free voucher for a drink & cookie but we felt as though we were asking for the world the way the staff looked at us - and they didn't have any cookies left!
The rooms were fine nothing special and if I had known I would have chosen a better hotel.
Be warned if you want to go and visit Alkatraz get your tickets well in advance as we spent a whole day queuing to get them and its a long day...and only just managed it in the end.
The trams are great and only round the corner, they take you right into town. We got to see most sights on the tram which was cool.
The golden gate bridge was quite a drive out but well worth it.
Also the block we were in had a virgin office next to it which we thought woud be helpful - NOT!!! they just weren't interested (a complete waste of time I don't know why they are there???)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn