We have just returned from a 3 week tour of California and used this Hotel for 3 nights at the start and 2 nights at the end. The hotel is in a great location for the piers, ferrys, restaurants and other tourist stuff.
As mentioned in previous reviews it is possible to walk into the centre of SF from this location but we cheated and used the Cable car from Hyde St and then The tram system to return.
The hotel is very very clean and has everything needed for a great stay but I would recommend eating out elsewhere as both Dennys & Brooklands in the hotel are very overpriced. Street noise was not a problem but I would recommend asking for a room on the 5th Floor business level as this has restricted use by using your room card to access it via the lift.
The staff are great at this place and will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. They even have a free daily limousin service to Union Square if you are a priority club member (which is free to join).
Only negative about this hotel is the price you have to pay to use the underground car park, $39 a day plus tax but parking elsewhere can be a nightmare as we heard one guy complaining that he had got locked in another car park across the street.
We will definately stay here agian if we visit San Francisco in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn