“Central location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

You added Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #105 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Palmerston North
“Central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights. Great service, great location. Within walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square.
The rooms are very clean and tidy. Hotel comes with free breakfast & Wifi. Laundry services are available in the new extension so a little walk to get this done.
Good restaurants close by. We walk everywhere and with the help of a map found everything we wanted to see.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JamesSanFrancisco, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Nicki F,

Thank for the kind comment you posted.

I am very happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her visit. Yes, the free wifi is great to have to check your e-mail, etc most specially now a days that majority of hotels charge for it. I will share the nice compliment about the cleanliness of the room with our housekeeping staff.

Please continue to keep us in mind when travelling to San Francisco.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights before joining a cruise. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and Denny,s Diner staff were also excellent although this was not part of the hotel but situated in the hotel building as a separate enterprise. The main hotel restaurant was in another building and we did not use it simply for convenience. This particular Holiday Inn has two accommodation buildings and you can check in at either, so it helps to know in advance which one you are in so that the taxi can drop you off at the right place from the beginning. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandybags_13,

Thank you for the wonderful comment about the hotel and the staff when you visited our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit staying at the Wharf building. Yes, there is a front desk at the wharf building is ready to assist when needed.

I will share this great comment with the staff and rest of the Management Team. Please continue to keep us in mind when looking for a place to stay in San Francisco.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a nice hotel although it can be quite confusing as there are two areas to this hotel, one being the main hotel and the other the "new extension" which is across and down the road from the main reception area. There is a reception in both locations however so if you know where you are actually staying you can do straight to the correct location unfortunately for us we had the main reception address only so were dropped off there and had to drag our luggage over to the other portion of the hotel. As for location couldn't ask for a better location for all the Fisherman Wharf attractions. We had dinner at Denny's in the hotel for the first night and then went to the hotel in the other section of the hotel the following night. We didn't have meals included in our package but there were plenty of choices to eat and there was a supermarket across the road if you want to pick up something to eat in the room. The city of San Fran is within easy reach as the tram cars run from almost outside the hotel and the trolley cars (both lines) are within walkable distance.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are away from the roads which make them quieter however there is only the view as the p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf San Francisco Koleenos and we are glad that you were having fun in San Francisco. We do have the Denny restaurant in our wharf building and the Bristol Bar and Grill in our columbus building for our guests to choose from. We are located in a good location exactly in Fisherman Wharf and lots of sightseeing places around us all within walking distance. Hope to see you again next time when you visit San Francisco and thank you again for staying with us.

Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf Management Team
Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel, clean and pleasant. Staff were very helpful. It's location is great for Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't eat in the hotel at all as there are plenty of lovely restaurants nearby that we wanted to try and we were only there for 5 nights. There is a lovely coffee shop inside that we did use a lot. It isn't a luxury hotel and we weren't expecting that but it is perfectly located place to stay if you want to spend time in Fisherman's Wharf. Easy access to transport to go to see other parts of San Francisco too.. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf San Francisco Nikki J and we are glad that you enjoy your stay here with us. Our staff were all friendly and helpful and thank you for using the Cove(our coffee shop) a lot. We hope to see you again next time when you visit San Francisco and looking forward to seeing you again.

Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf Management Team
Tas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here as a family of 2 adults and 2 children. The hotel was everything I expected from a Holiday Inn, clean, good facilities etc. The only disappointment for us was the laundry facilities were not available, although we could have gone across to the other building this felt like a bit of hard work with a couple of bags of laundry to do.

The location was great for getting around, easy walk to Fishermans wharf etc. We walked pretty much everywhere from here, whenever we got a bit tired it was easy to find public transport of some kind to get us about.

Our first night we were all pretty tired after travelling so decided to eat at the hotel - fabulous meal! Very pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was included and was the usual buffet fare. Kids ate free however this had the catch that they have to order from the special kids menu or pay $9.95 to eat the buffet. This was a bit tricky for us but ok for others I guess, my kids don't want a full cooked breakfast, just come cereal, toast and fruit. They could order cereal and a banana but the cereal is the sugary stuff that does not fill anyone up. A bit of flexibility for kids would go along way I think.

Would stay here again, good clean hotel in a good location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JamesSanFrancisco, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Kaz0908,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visiit with us despite the one of our laundry facility being out of order. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconcenience this may have caused. Our Engineering is workingon gettting our laundry facility back on line. We always pride ourselves with providing our guest clean rooms.

I will share this wonderful comment with the staff and rest of the Management staff. Please continue to keep us in mind when travelling to San Francisco.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were not too happy on arrival as the hotel didn't seem to be very nice [perhaps because we had just left the Bellagio in Vegas!!]. However, we were very happy with the hotel for its location and cleanliness. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was just OK - I've eaten much better breakfasts. A good recomendation - well done Holiday Inn

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brian,

Thank you for not giving in on your first impression about the hotel. I know that First impression is very important but in this case I am glad you gave us the opportunity to prove otherwise. We do pride ourselves in providing the clean room to all of our guest. Our housekeeping crew deserves all the recognition for this.

I will share this comment with the staff and rest of the Management Team. Please continue to keep the Holiday inn name in you mind whe looking for a place to stay. If travel bring you to San Francisco, we are always ready to be at your service.

Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The place is ok but the location was good. Front desk staff was great. I was checked in right away and I was brief about the different times that the shuttle that would take us.

When I checked out and didn't check my bill, they charge me for a parking. When I got home I called the MOD that day and told him I was charge for parking and I did not use it. He said that he will refer it to accounting and will call me back. After a week with no call from him, I called directly to accounting and they said that they will investigate it and get back to me. It's been a week and still no call back from someone. I called accounting again and left a message again no call back from this people. They should refund me and not ignore my calls.

• Stayed October 2013
JamesSanFrancisco, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Eheress,

First of all I would like to apoligize for the trouble you are having getting the parking charge resolved. It's unacceptable that no one has returned your call. Unfortunately with the posting it does not give me a way to verify your information so I can follow up with our accounting department. Despite this challenge, I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful visit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in anyway.

Been to Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf? Share your experiences!