I stayed at the Holiday Inn during a five day convention in San Francisco. I found this hotel to be quite dated and in need of remodeling. However, my room was very clean and provided everything that I needed for a comfortable stay. I was on the 5th floor which is their business floor. There are three computers with internet access and printers next to the elevators on that level.
As for convention access, I was a long ways from the Moscone center. Our convention provided complimentary bus service, but it took about 30 minutes to get to the Moscone center. A cab ride was around $10 to get down into the convention center/Market St. area.
As for the local area. This hotel is only two blocks from Fisherman's Wharf. So there are numerous restaurants and bars in the area. The trolley stop for all three major lines are all within a couple of blocks. So I feel that this is an excellent location if you are tourist.
Overall, I had a fine stay here. The location is excellent for a night out around Fisherman's Wharf or the North Beach area. Hopefully, this hotel will get a facelift in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn