“Almost perfect... except...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Francisco Financial District

You added Hilton San Francisco Financial District to your Saves list
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #89 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
DC
“Almost perfect... except...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights while on a business trip. The location is perfect since the hotel is close to the Financial District, the Moscone Center and Chinatown. The host took care of all my needs and recommended some nearby restaurants. I was on the business floor so it was very quiet. The room was clean and well-suited for business traveler. I would have given 5 stars but on one of the days, a hotel staff went looking through my luggage. I'm sure this is common everywhere but at the Hilton, I didn't expect this. (How did I know? I usually set my luggage's zipper at a certain position when I leave the room. I came back and the zipper was moved and my belonging inside the luggage was shuffled.) Nothing was lost... just a little disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our room had a great view of San Francisco and the Coit Tower. It was easy to walk to Columbus Street and Chinatown. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. Although I did wish it had a pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Old property in need of major renovation. Only positives were location, free wifi, and staff pleasant to deal with. Issues I encountered:

1. Mould on bathroom tiles
2. Super thin walls. I was awaken at 4:50 by my the noise from the adjacent room- guy was on a conf call and i could hear almost every word. Couldn't sleep again.
3. Windows very dirty
4. Slow check in process

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of room cleanliness that you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I assure you that we are taking appropriate steps to address the issues with the room that you experienced. We thank you for providing this feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly for any futher assistance that you may need. Our team hopes that you will return and stay with us again.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a great time at this hotel. I booked this hotel through hotwire and while our room wasn't ready by the time we got there (our flight was early) we were able to easily store our luggage. We were also told when we checked in that we qualified for the lounge service which offered snacks, drinks and cocktails (score!). The food was pretty basic but good in the lounge and the cocktails ended up being $5 a piece which we didn't mind. The hotel isn't that far from chinatown and really good Italian restaurants.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is that when we went to pick up our luggage after storing our luggage, the concierge there was rude. He brought us our bags and assumed we weren't going to give him a tip, so threw my bag on the ground and walked off. Needless to day, he definitely didn't get a tip after that. That's the only reason why I rated the Service so low.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I like the hotel and the service. The room that i got at 18 floor was nice. The king bed and pillows were great.
No complains at all.
Its in front a Chinese plaza near chinatown.. Walking distance to Power street (up hill) where you can take the famous cable car and go close to Pier 39.

The ONLY comment is the high price for self parking.. around 50US.. Even NYC is not that high..
But I recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lake Oswego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am so glad I was able to stay at this hotel for my conference. The room was clean and not smelly like other places where I've stayed. It was quiet other than a baby crying and people yelling as they went by my room in the middle of the night. You can't blame the hotel for that, people are just rude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days to attend a confernence in April, 2014. The location is excellent for business and also to explore the amazing culture of Chinatown and North Beach. All within walking distance. Get out of the hotel and walk around to eat amazing food, pick-up trinkets and experience a part of San Francisco. All other sights are within either walking distance or public transportation. This is NOT a kid friendly hotel, in my opinion.

My best compliment is to Joel, the Concierge, who worked with me to reunite with my lost luggage on Amtrak of all things! Joel was generous with his time, his contacts, and his spirit and I am very grateful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Francisco Financial District? Share your experiences!