“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Francisco Financial District

You added Hilton San Francisco Financial District to your Saves list
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #87 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Sonoma, California
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I cannot think of one negative for this hotel. Granted that we we we on the executive floor with view of Chinatown, free expanded continental breakfast on the 26tg floor, and free yummy snacks and honor bar there every afternoon (saw some folks pile their plates so high with the chicken skewers that it was clear it was to be their dinner). Staff throughout the hotel gracious, with special compliment to Eric at the front desk who eased us after our car had been broken into blocks away at out dinner restaurant. Hotel parking expensive, but the city Portsmouth parking is right across the street at $27 for 24 hours, actually inexpensive for SF. Hotel clean, didn't hear neighbors or cleaning people. Great!

Room Tip: If you want a bay view, ask in advance. Higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
This is perfect news! Thank you very much for the perfect score and kind comments about the service, namely Eric. I assure you that we will recognize Eric for the kind service that he provides to each guest. We look foward to your return. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Evans, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Usually I spend the thanksgiving weeks and christmas weeks at Hilton hotels around the country with my family.
This time we choosed to go to San Francisco at the Hilton in Financial District.
As soon as we arrived we noticed the room being small, it would be the right size for 2 people at most, definetly not 3 or 4. The bathroom was also pretty small, and lacking a ventilation system.
We asked for a bigger room at the front desk and we've been told that all the rooms are the same size, however I've seen other people here on trip advisor being offered bigger rooms. I was not trying to get it for free, I was willing to pay for an upgrade, but according to the front desk lady all the rooms are the same.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located a block from the cable car line and our Chinatown tour started at the hotel. Nice walk to the Ferry building on Saturday morning to the Farmers Market. Would recommend for the price--we didn't park a car here, as it cost $65. Rentals can be picked up 7 days a week at 7am at multiple Union Square locations a few blocks away.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
It is such a pleasure to see that our guest enjoyed the service and accommodations. Thank you very much for submitting this review. Our team appreciates you, and looks forward to your return.
mexico beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We paid for the room with a balcony so we would have a view of "the city". What we got on the 27th floor was a view of the alley and the tops of the building where everyone hung their laundry. We stayed a week and asked for a bay view but they could not accommodate that although people were checking in and out the entire time. And yes this was the smallest Hilton I have ever stayed in and when I was walking on the street one day I found out why. The guy behind me said he had lived in SF for 35 years and that the Hilton was once the Holiday Inn. This is probably why I also heard the entire conversation of the rooms next to me. What time her flight was leaving where she was flying to and who was picking her up clear as sitting in a bathroom stall next to her. The free breakfast wasn't bad but it was always out of coffee, juice, water and most of the time the food was empty. WE went at different times to see if that made a difference but it didn't. They only had one person staffed to put out food, make coffee, clear tables, refill juice and it was obviously too much for one person. The staff was the friendliest staff in town. What the hotel lacked in quality it made up in hospitality.
great location to hop right on the 8x bus and get you to the Wharf. No need for a car if you stay here. We spent the entire week with out a rental car or using a taxi except to get to and from the airport. I feel we over paid for the room and we could have stayed at a more luxurious hotel for less money but we always stay in a "Hilton" or so we thought.

Room Tip: DO NOT PAY FOR THE CITY VIEW!!! It isn't worth seeing the dirty laundry of the city
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We thank you for submitting a guest survey. In 2005, this hotel shut its doors for a year long rennovation, and reopened in 2006 as a Hilton Hotel. The rooms, meeting rooms, lobby areas, and entrance were all remodeled by our Hilton design team. Since the rebirth as a Hilton, we have continued to make improvements based upon the feedback from guests like yourself. Management is very sorry that we were unable to move you to the bay side. Because the 27th floor is the only floor with balconies, the bayview rooms on this floor often sell out days in advance. Our staff is very thankful for the kind remarks about our hospitality. We hope that you will return and stay with us again. Should your travels bring you back, please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance that you may need with securing a bay view balcony.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed on the 23rd floor which offered spectacular views of the city. We also had access to the executive lounge for breakfast which was excellent. We walked to several restaurants from the hotel. The hotel was exceptionally clean and modern.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the perfect score card. Our team appreciates you! Please come back and enjoy the beautiful view, attractions, and service.
Prince George, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Thin walls

Dated hallways

Half the staff were nice and helpful

When I did a bed bug check I found a giant - I mean GIANT pee stained mattress. It was late so I emailed the office and hid on the other side of the bed......no response.....like come on at least have the respect to say no sir, we can't move your room as we are full.

Oh - and the house cleaning ladies were vacuuming the room next to me at 10:30 at night - REALLY??

I would recommend the Hyatt if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for submitting a guest review. Our team is saddened that we were unable to assist you prior to your departure the next day. Rather than dialing our staff directly, you emailed a generic sales in box that is not monitored after 5P. Because of that, the night passed with us not knowing of your experience. The Executive Housekeeper removed the mattress which was still quite wet from red wine. I assure you that our housekeeping is following up to research how this red wine was not caught during the make up of the bed. We hope that you will return to stay with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have traveled extensively on business for the last 20+ years, and have stayed thousands of nights in hundreds of hotels throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. In that time I have seen nearly everything one can see in a hotel -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. Even with all that, I've never felt compelled to write a review until now. While overall, I didn't dislike the Hilton Financial District, I can honestly say this hotel has >>the thinest walls I have ever heard in a hotel<< in all my years of travel.

I checked in on Sunday morning at about 10:30 am, and had just dropped my bags when I noticed I could hear literally everything from the room next door. And I do mean everything -- every moan, sigh, slap, tickle, etc. -- and the "conversation" that went along with it. So much so that it went from mildly amusing, as these things often do, to downright embarrassing. I felt guilty being in my room, overhearing all manner of things not meant to be overheard, to the point it felt like *I* was the one invading *their* privacy. The walls are THAT thin.

(Anyway, to the lucky fellow, happy birthday, sir -- that part came across loud and clear, as well.)

My room was on the 8th floor, doubtless not the most expensive rooms in the hotel, and I can only hope those who paid more on higher floors had a bit more insulation in the walls.

Anyway, just thought those of you who might be concerned about such things might like to know. . .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your past experience. While we appreciate your humor, we do see the seriousness of the noise issue that you experienced. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for this. We do place ear plugs in the rooms, but this is more towards insulation from the hustle and bustle from outside of our hotel on the city streets. Management takes your feedback very seriously. We still hope that you will return and stay with us again.

Been to Hilton San Francisco Financial District? Share your experiences!