Spent 4 nights at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District while on California vacation trip with my husband. This was our second trip to the city and last time stayed in Union Square so wanted to check out a new location. It was very convenient to walk almost everywhere. We were asked if we were okay with a smaller corner room with a view of the bay. The front desk clerk said we could move if we didn't like it. It was just as he described. Small and only one window, but boy the view directly over Telegraph Hill and the bay were worth it (our other option was city view but bigger room).
One thing I didn't like about the location was there weren't many dinner options in the financial district. Across the street from the hotel was Chinatown and we were close to North Beach. But the financial district itself catered more to day time lunch crowds.
We walked to Coit Tower (quite the climb but fun and great views) then to Ferry Building. Took a quick cab ride to and from Pier 39. And walked to Embarcadero Muni/Bart station to get train to AT&T Park and Oakland Coliseum for baseball games. Also took Muni to Golden Gate Park.
Ate every morning in the Executive Lounge. Great continental breakfast. Had one meal in the lobby restaurant which was tasty yet pricy. Just what you expect from a city hotel.
Everyone was very friendly and room was clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping person was extremely friendly and spoke to us each day as we passed in the hall. The bed was too soft for our liking but you can't specify soft or firm bed so we were okay with it!
Definitely recommend this hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, Lombard Street and the Golden Gate Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.