“Clean, Quiet and Close to Chinatown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Francisco Financial District

Save Saved
You added Hilton San Francisco Financial District to your Saves list
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #90 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Davis, California
“Clean, Quiet and Close to Chinatown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed every aspect of our weekend stay. Our room was very clean and comfortable, especially the bed. Sleeping in it was almost like crawling back into the womb, especially after an active day. On the 19th floor, we didn't hear any street noise nor, despite it being Halloween weekend with an almost full hotel, noise from neighbors. The location is fantastic, adjacent to both Chinatown and North Beach, and very close to Fisherman's Wharf. We enjoyed a brisk walk through Chinatown to a Washington Square restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning, as The City was waking up. With every possible electronic connection available and the service we received, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hilton SF Financial District or to return..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for such a great review! I’m glad to hear we met all your expectations, and you truly enjoyed your stay. Next time you are back, I hope we can make your stay worth a 5 star review!

1,610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting San Fran for the 1st time last week; beautiful city by the way, but the hotel not so much. I didn't get a chance to experience the restaurants in the hotel but I did partake in their in room dining. Bad choice. The first time I ordered scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach and strawberry yogurt on the side. The strawberry yogurt was the worst yogurt I've ever had in my life. I think the hotel should consider purchasing some brand name yogurts and just deliver it like that in the carton, vs. putting it in a bowl and mixing it with your own fruit. I've never been so disappointed. Then on the tray, it had butter, jam/jelly but no type of bread to spread it on...so why even have those condiments on my tray? They also sent me an extra single egg, which I didn't order and the server just told me to keep it. The scrambled eggs were alright but the portion was too little. All this for nearly $50, because of course there's taxes, service charges, delivery fee AND of course I have to tip the server, smh! The quality of the food was not worth the price. The sink in my room kept leaking by the handle. I called the Engineer to fix it and he said he did. I checked it before I left the room and it seemed like he fixed it, but when I returned to my room later that night and used it, it was back to square one and was leaking like before. I didn't call anyone this time because I was too tired. The next day, I called the operator and it literally rang for 3 minutes. I hung up to call back and when I finally got someone, I asked if I could speak to the manager in duty. This was a little before 9:00 am. She transferred me to his extension and no one picked up. I pressed zero again and told her I was trying to get a hold of the manager and she told me he was in a meeting (she could've told me that before she transferred me). I asked how long does she think he'll be in the meeting and she she said she didn't know; so I asked if she could have him call me as soon as possible. It was 10:40 am and I had not heard from anyone. At least a follow-up call to see what the problem was or if there's anything that anyone else can do to help would have been ideal, but nothing...so I called again and got transferred to his voicemail THREE times....I was livid! What made it worse is that when I tried calling back, it's like the operator knew it was me and she was avoiding me. The phone rang endless number of times and at one point, she answered the phone and just transferred me to the front desk without even saying anything when she picked up. It was so unprofessional and they made a little thing turn into a huge matter. With all this being said, my stay was not worth the price I paid nor worth the time I spent there. It was such a waste of everything, I wish I stayed somewhere else, like at a boutique hotel or something, where they focus more on service and quality.

- not a Hilton fan

• Stayed October 2012
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us while trying to resolve a maintenance problem and I have addressed these issues with our staff. What you experienced is not the level of service we aim to provide for our guests. Your feedback regarding our dining selections will help us to improve in that area as well. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and we will take your feedback to heart. Thank you once again for your comments.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Financial District two weeks ago for one night using my Hilton Honors points. I had reserved a King size room but when I checked in they said they were oversold so they stuck me in a room with a double bed. It was a very small room--New York sized. I was rather disappointed about that considering how many miles it took to get this room. Otherwise this hotel is rather pricey. Other than that, this hotel is in a decent location being near Chinatown and North Beach. I will stay here again, but in the off season.

Room Tip: Don't get a double room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, and for being such a loyal Hilton guest. I’m very sorry we didn’t have the room you requested available upon check-in. If you return, please let us know ahead of time and we will do our best to accommodate any concerns or special requests. We hope to have you back again soon.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here on business and figured there would not be many restaurants or attractions within walking distance. However, I discovered Chinatown, Coit Tower, Transamerica Tower, the touristy Fisherman's Wharf area and many small, quaint restaurants are located very close to the hotel.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable with a full service restaurant and bar. Rooms are spacious with plenty of room to work and relax. The room also has an in-room safe--an amenity I truly appreciate.

Staff was extremely accommodating. It seemed like every time I turned a corner, there was a staff member standing there to assist with any questions or directions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I’m happy to hear you truly enjoyed your stay and our surrounding neighborhoods. Thank you for your comments. We hope to have you back again soon.
Colchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed for a conference and a bit of sightseeing. The room was well maintained and the bed comfortable. Nice soaps and bubbles! Friendly, helpful staff. We were on the 11th floor and could still hear the sounds of the city, so I guess lower floors are quite noisy. Location is not ideal if you are sightseeing by foot, apart from China town which is on the doorstep. Nice Chinese diner next door that does a reasonable breakfast and public transport stop (muni) to Fisherman's wharf is just outside (8X). A short walk up kearny Street (quite flat!) for 10 minutes gets you to Market Street and the main shopping area. Hotel facilities are designed for the business clientele rather than tourists, I usually like to stay in a hotel with a pool, which this hasn't got.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, you need to ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We don’t have a pool, but we do have an award-winning full-service day spa that will ensure relaxation. I hope to have you back again soon for business and leisure.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It's is a nice hotel but very noisy. Not even frombthe people of the hotel but also from the street. It is not really in financial district or at border of it. The personnel is not very nice, so just handle them.

• Stayed October 2012
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise and service. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived to a very crowded check in area - some party must have been going on. Nonetheless, they processed me quickly. The room was nice as the bed was comfortable. Internet slow. I rather liked the location and while it was not particularly close, it was a nice and pleasant walk into the heart of the financial district. Pricey but I guess that's what I expected for downtown SF. Here's a hint for a quick breakfast bite - step outside the front of the hotel and walk to the little street vendor on the right. Good coffee, muffins, fruit and yogurt cups without having to be stuck with the Hilton's coffee bar on the lobby floor. I'd stay again but might check to see if I can get something less pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy The Coffee Shack, our brand new curbside counter. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton San Francisco Financial District? Share your experiences!