“Stay at Hilton Kearney Street - San Francisco” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Francisco Financial District

You added Hilton San Francisco Financial District to your Saves list
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20% Package
Ranked #76 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shanghai, China
“Stay at Hilton Kearney Street - San Francisco”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed at this property during a recent business visit to the United States. The property is well located, close to Chinatown and many of the sights are within a 20- 30 minute walk. The hop on hop off bus comes directly to the door which is big plus. Service is a little slack at this property but mostly satisfactory.
There are some good restaurants near by especially a Pizza place called Pachino's.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room away from the street and definitely above the 10th floor as it does get noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilto San Francisco Financial District. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of this property, between the Financial District, Chinatown, and North Beach. I regreat to hear that you found the service not up to par and a bit lax. I will bring your feedback to the staff meeting so I can let the team know where we can improve. Again, thank you for your comments and I do hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my visit to the USA (I am from India). We reached the city early and were told that we would get a room only after 12 pm. My son was unwell and I requested to the kind gentleman at the reception. Not only did he give me a room immediately but also gave me a room on a very high floor facing the bay from where I could see the Alcatraz. Thank you guys. It's because of you'll that San Fran is one of my best cities in the world.
Ilyas

• Stayed May 2011
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. It was great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at the hotel. I was pleased to hear that one of the Front Office team was able to assist you with an early arrival, especially after travelling all night. We do have some great views from most of our rooms and I was pleased to hear that you we could accommodate you and your family in one of them. Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope that you will think of us on your visit to San Francisco!
Visalia, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We took a group of foster youth for their first visit to the City and chose the Hilton Financial District because we received a good price on the nine rooms we booked. After spending nearly an hour on the phone with their booking agent, I hoped all would go smoothly at check-in. It did not. This hotel caters to the airlines who have regular late check-outs. If you've reserved a room that one of the airline staff are in, it probably won't be ready when you're ready to check in. One of our nine rooms wasn't available until after 8:00 p.m. The hotel is very clean and well kept but not in the best of locations. There are currently construction sites on two sides of the hotel that obstruct the view and cause traffic problems. Hopefully this won't last too much longer. The cost of the rooms, for the City was a great deal and worth it if you’re on a budget. If you can spring for a bit more, stay downtown in the Union Square area or even one of the hotels in the Fisherman's Warf area. Aside from the difficult check-in, the staff was wonderful and very friendly. Restaurant was excellent but a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the executive level floors. It's not much more and has a executive lounge tha...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I was pleased to hear that you did experience excellent guest service from our friendly staff here. I regret to hear that you experienced such difficulty at checkin. Groups usually have no problems at check in because all rooms are normally prepared well in advance. I will bring this up at our weekly front office meeting to make sure we do a better job in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely hope that you will give us another chance on your next San Francisco visit.
Boston, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Very impressed. Very clean, comfortable, spacious room with very good view of bay and Coit Tower. Convenient location. A bit of street noise due to nearby construction. (I was on the 11th floor; higher might be better.) But otherwise no complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilto San Francisco Financial District. I am pleased to hear that you found this hotel location ideal for conducting your business, and the services and facilities also business friendly. It's always a challenge to find the right balance for business clientele, mixed with visitors on leisure. I understand that it can get noisy with the sounds of the City rising from the streets below, which is common at all hotels in a busy urban environment. Again, thank you for the informative feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

A good hotel in a well located position. Service was adaquete but nothing overly special. Value for money also okay. I would return if required but would probably try other other properties first.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilto San Francisco Financial District. I am glad you found our location to be ideal for your visit. We are centrally located between the Financial District, Chinatown, and North Beach (Italian) neighborhoods. We are also just a short 15 minute walk to Union Sq., Fisherman's Wharf, and the Ferry Building. Again, Thank you for your valuable feedback. I sincerely hope we will see you again when your travel plans once again includes San Francisco.
Elmhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a nice hotel! I stayed here on points for 4 nights...the room was updated and clean, friendly staff & great location...but my favorite part of my stay was the window of my room that looked directly out to Coit Tower, and the bay on each side in the background. Beautiful!!

I have to say, that the walls are VERY thin, and the street noise woke me up a few times (they provided earplugs...) but otherwise, it's a nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I was pleased to hear that your had a great experience throughout your stay and enjoyed the friendly service, location, and your room. I must agree with you that the views are spectacular from some of the rooms. The entire room is all windows on one side so you do get a panoramic view. Unfortunately, as in any large urban environment the sounds of the city does reflect off the tall buildings around us and can get up to the rooms. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great spot right in the heart of the city, with access to the bay, situated bridging the financial district and China town. We love to walk, so it had a perfect radius to take you anywhere in an hour.

Hotel was in fine condition - not 5 stars, but a great value, with a little breakfast that had great selection and good service.

Concierge was great with everything from wine tours, to the car rental, to recommending and securing reservations for dinner.

Ride a trolley car, visit Boudins at the water, hike the hills, and see the bridge.

We rented a convertible and toured Sonoma and Napa. What a great day! Just be careful navigating the streets if you are not used to it - the hills are unreal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. You are "right on" with our location. We are centrally located to all the neighborhoods that visitors come to San Francisco for. Centrally located between Chinatown, Finacial District and North Beach (Italian neighborhood), we are only a 15 minute walk to Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, and the Ferry Building. We have the best Concierge staff in the City and one of the best Hotel restaurants, Seven Fifty, as well, which I am pleased to hear you had great experiences with both. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton San Francisco Financial District? Share your experiences!