1) The lobby left the impression we were in for a good experience
2) Breakfast was decent
1) Saying $42 is competitive rate still doesn't take away from that is a LOT of money to park a rental vehicle
2) being threatened to bring back the luggage cart when 3 more were outside but locked up is no way to handle check ins
3) it is absolutely unacceptable for there to not be a single microwave available to pop the popcorn we had to walk 2 blocks to get past one of the great "medical" marijuana establishments. I would prefer not to have to take my kids past that. Thanks for no warning.
4) The pool deck is atrocious... so much more could be done. The rotting wood on the planters was a nice touch as well.
5) When I made the reservation with "booking.com" i inputted that there we 2 adults and 2 children. I was offered and option to pay an extra $60 to add breakfast for the entire stay. When I got to the front desk I was told I would receive only 2 passes per day, not 4. This isn't a kids under 12 eat free thing, I used the drop down menus to put in the ages of 14 and 16 of my daughters. I was essentially duped...
6) we had 4 people in the room, I booked 4 people in the room and housekeeping continually gave us 2 towels when room service was done. So we would need to continually ask for more towels.
7) To say the furnishings are minimum 8-10 years old would be a conservative estimate. And if I am told differently they need to find a new supplier that keep them up to date.
I have designed and furnished numerous Holiday Inns, Holiday Inn Express's, Candlewoods, Indigos, etc in my career... Worked directly with IHG. I am surprised this property is in the condition it is in... someone must be getting paid off. I've done Comfort Inns and Best Westerns that would blow this place away... The worst $1000 I have spent in a loooooooong time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a AAA 3 Diamond, full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco s Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the Jubilee Restaurant/Conversations Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $29 per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn