This hotel is a half a block away from the public transportation system (Bart, muni) underground, bus, and street cars. Also a good walk to many shops and restaurants. Though there are quiet a number if homeless around the area, it is still as long as you don't bother them, they won't bother you, as anywhere in the SFO area need to be made around of your surroundings. The hotel is very reasonable priced. I stayed at this property a little over a year ago and at the time they were doing some improvements. The property, lobby, and rooms were very clean. The front desk staff were very and extremely helpful. The property has a restaurant on site, an outdoor heated pool and a small fitness center. There is also washing facilities on site should you needed them and also offer free internet access wifi in the rooms. As far as getting around, unless your going to go to napa valley, you don't need a car. The public transportation system is very safe. Though there are homeless that hang out around the underground at the top and by the turnstiles and at times there can be bad odors smell of body odor or urine, there is no issues once past the turnstiles and on the actual train, bus, street, or cable car. They are clean with no grafetti. I would recommend the public transportation system. They have a clipper card that you can use with all the public transportation agencies. Though it costs $3 for the card, it's worth it. Can even get use the system from SFO or OAK airports.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a AAA 3 Diamond, full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco s Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the Jubilee Restaurant/Conversations Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $29 per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn