The hotel is located South of Market - or Tenderloin area. This area has a large population of homeless, and can be scary - especially at night!
When arriving at the hotel, the lobby appeared to be renovated in the last few years. It has a fireplace and was inviting. Check-in was efficient and the clerk was helpful and and efficient.
Now for the room - It was obvious the property management spent a great deal of money on updating the lobby and 1st floor. I was on the 8th floor - and perhaps they ran out of money at the 7th floor or lower because the 8th floor was definitely in dire need of updates. When arriving at my room, I was sadly disapointed. I have been staying in Holiday Inn/Intercontinental alliance brands for over 20 years, and I must say this property does not represent the normal high level for the group. I have stayed in lower priced alternatives (Holiday Inn express, Candlewood, etc.) that have been much, much nicer than this property.
Bathroom - Very, very small. Water temperature was difficult to control. It tool over 5 minutes to get hot water in the shower.
Bed - I had a king bed with 4 very small pillows that had 0 support. I think they must have bought them at the dollar store because there was absolutely no support for the neck. Thankfully, I alway bring my own pillow!
My room had a small balcony. I do enjoy rooms that have balconys, but this room had a challenge with cold air/winds blowing through the sliding glass door. No matter how tight I closed the door, the cold air continued to blow into the room.
The room had a work desk - but interestingly enough there we absolutely NO electrical outlets at the desk or within 10 feet of the desk. They did have a power outlet located at the bedside, but how many people actually work from the bed???
Biggest concern on this property - I ordered food from an external delivery restaurant the 1st night. (Room service menu was over priced and had a limited menu) We finished our dinner and had a great amount of food left over. We decided to discard the remaining food and trash in a trash can located in the floor hallway so the room would not smell of food. We found a trashcan in the hallway next to the soda-machines. When we left the next day, we noticed the trash was still there (no problem) - Day 2 - trash still there. Day 3 - trash still there and starting to smell very bad - remember there was left over perishable food discarded - Day 4 - Trash was STILL there and the smell was becoming unbearable. I finally decided to complain at the front desk - when I returned that evening it was finally removed. In my mind, keeping the trash cleared is one of the foundamental and primary responsibilities of a hotel - for this reason, I have come to the conclusion that I will never patronize this hotel again. There is obviously a serious management issue at this hotel - so I would think twice before staying at this hotel. Spending a few extra dollars will be well worth it next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a AAA 3 Diamond, full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco s Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the Jubilee Restaurant/Conversations Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $29 per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn