It is a pleasure to write a review about this hotel. My wife and I stayed there for three nights during the first week of September 2005. We made reservations through Priceline and obtained a room with a queen sized bed for a bargain price of $110.00 per night.
Before we checked in, the hotel gave us the opportunity to look at a room with the queensized bed and one with a king sized bed. For an extra $20 per night we opted for the larger bed (and room). It was well worth it. The bed and sheets were excellent.
The television is an about a 24" LCD. Though the picture was fine, it was a little too small for the room. The desk staff was very kind and helpful. However, I am giving the hotel only an above average review instead of and excellent review, because of an event at check in.
My wife and I arrived several hours before the normal check in time. I was suffering from a splitting migraine headache. The fron desk staff tried to get housekeeping to make up the room to get us checked in. However, it took housekeeping about two and a half hours to complete their assignment.
Other than that one expericence, our stay was fabulous. The bell man serves as valet, concierge, and car valet, which is too much for one person. However, both gentlemen were enitrely helpful with directions and suggestions.
I forgot to mention that the hotel is centrally located. Fishermen's Wharf is just a short bus/trolley ride away. China town is a 20 minute walk away. You are just a couple of blocks from Market Street.
In short, here are my suggestions:
1. Get a king sized bed. Splurge a little. The room is larger, and of course, the bed is bigger.
2. Don't forget to go downstairs at 5 pm for free beer and wine; or at 9 pm for milk and cookies.
Our expericnece, over all, was above average. In my opinion, if all things remain equal, you will enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor Court Hotel, a stunning boutique hotel on the San Francisco waterfront, features unobstructed views of the bay, the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. The spectacular location is complemented by the hotel's luxurious and stylishly designed rooms. Adjacent to a state-of-the-art YMCA (open to guests), the Harbor Court Hotel is within easy walking of the Ferry Building Marketplace, the Financial District, AT&T Park, the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square and North Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton San Francisco