“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   165 Steuart Street, San Francisco, CA 94105 (Financial District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free parking!
Ranked #27 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redondo Beach, California
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed overnight awaiting our cross-country train trip on Amtrak. The station was across the street so extra convenient the following morning wheeling our bags across the street. There was a wonderful farmers market Saturday also across the street on the waterfront and we grabbed a peddie cab to the Fishmen's Wharf but it is walkable as we walked back. I suggest Pier 23, funky lil dive bar but the most incredible red snapper taco's !! And the Waterbar across the street from hotel has $1.00 oysters from 11:30am to 3pm. The wine reception in the evening was nice as was the coffee in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel was chose due to the proximity of business. Arrival was nice and staff was very attentive. As I missed the wine hour due to late arrival, I was served free wine to the room. What a kind gesture!
During check in I asked, if the room would have a nice view. I was told, harbor view would be for additional 80$ per night, which would have brought the price per night to >>400$ plus taxes. Therfore I declined.

Coming to the room I was very disappointed. Such a small room. Even with european measures, this was a tiny room. Walking around the bed was nearly not possible, although I only had my carry-on suitcase with me. As this was only a short stay, I kept my clothes in the suitcase and placed it on the desk. This way it worked. The room was very dark and I regretted not to to have a torch light. The view through the window did not allow any daylight, only views of walls and pipes.

Towels in the bathroom were not clean and also replacements were spotty (I do not like yellow spots on former white-now gray towels). Shower gel and all that stuff was provided in big bottles, mounted to the wall, as in a cheap B&B.

The bottle of water in the room was 6$ and still in a plastic bottle.

The wine hour was really brilliant and all the staff I spoke with, was very kind and attentive.

The biggest downside is really that it is absolutely overpriced for the small room and lack of view. Housekeeping could be improved, but the staff is already the best asset they have.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here as he was working late on his company project milestones. Our room was small but cozy and had a partial bay view. The hotel staff here are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the complimentary use of their bikes on a beautiful Sunday. We were able to walk easily to many great nearby restaurants, including the ferry building/plaza. The wine reception in the evening was a nice touch. They served pretzels too but I suggest offering cheese or nuts to accompany their wine. The infused water in the lobby was very refreshing. Their coffee in the morning was also good. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was on a business trip to San Jose area and before flying back to east coast, I wanted to take in a game at AT&T Park for the SF Giants. I got tickets on StubHub and then proceeded to search for hotel in walking distance near the ball park as I did not want to drive back to San Jose after the game and wanted to enjoy the game without worrying about the drive back. There was not that many options within walking distance, but ended up finding the Harbor Court Hotel which seemed like a good hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel was ok, I ended up booking the Baseball Package rate which was cheaper than my AAA and company travel agency rates. The ballpark is about a 15 minute enjoyable walk from the hotel. It was really pleasant on the walk back at night after the game as the Bay Bridge was lighted up for the laser light show. The room was very small - just look at the picture, but I was fine with it, as I did not spend much time in the room except for sleeping. The wifi was free if you join their hotel frequent guest club which also came with a $10 discount towards the mini-bar. There are bars and restaurants next to the hotel along with food court in the Ferry Terminal building. I would consider staying here again, if I need a hotel near the ballpark.

Tip: I found a tip from a TripAdvisor review, park your car in the parking garage near the hotel instead of using the valet service at the hotel. The hotel uses the same garage, but the rate is much cheaper parking yourself rather than go through the hotel service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a room overlooking the Bay Bridge, which was lovely. The hotel is beautifully decorated and while the rooms were small they were well appointed. A fully stocked mini bar, great room amenities. I loved the wine hour each afternoon, it's those little extras that make for a great hotel. Unfortunately there isn't much happening around this hotel...it is a couple of blocks walk to get to a busier area with more restaurants etc but I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

A two night stay at this wonderful hotel was far too short. Beautifully renovated and well appointed, this hotel brings classic styling in a convenient location.

Located near the intersection of Market Street and The Embarcadero, visitors will find heaps of dining from Cafe's to fine dining, along with a multitude of great bars & grills, bistros and coffee shops. The Harbor Court is located a short walk from Pac-Bell park, home of Giants baseball, to the South west. To the north and west is San Francisco's famous Embarcadero and a couple of blocks up is the Ferry Building. Public transportation, buses, BART stations within a 5 minute walk, at most.

Shopping of all sorts is nearby.

Views of the abound, and while it lasts, the light show on the Bay Bridge is spectacular and just across the street.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a bay view room
Green Features: Like most hotels in San Francisco, you'll find it very eco-friendly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Carmichael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Let me begin by saying that I'm a Kimpton's "regular" and always appreciate the fine service and great atmosphere at all the Kimpton's hotels. This stay, however, was marred by one thing: the friends we were traveling with we're given a free upgrade on their room while we were given nothing! While I'm glad our friends had the opportunity to enjoy the bay view, I was somewhat taken aback since I had paid more money for the same room type. Not a good thing to do when couples are traveling together!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!