“love the harbor court!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   165 Steuart Street, San Francisco, CA 94105 (Financial District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free parking!
Ranked #28 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
glendale, ca
“love the harbor court!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

the location of this hotel cannot be beat! it's close to the water and ferry building. yank sing, for dim sum, is across the street, and there are a few other restaurants close to the hotel. perks at this hotel included cookies, wine, an ice-cream float station, and movie screenings with popcorn. the hotel is pet-friendly. perry's restaurant, on the same street, has yummy, crunchy breadsticks. the only downside of this neighborhood is that all of the coffee shops close down after business hours.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nick B, Manager at Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Generationx,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
As you noted, our unbeatable location is home to wide ranging culinary options. The financial district however, while being an incredibly convenient and lively neighborhood may sometime lack after hour business alternatives otherwise found in the walking distant downtown scene.
We sincerely appreciate you sharing your great comments on TripAdvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

One of the best things in this hotel, aside from location, is the pillows. The bed, sheets and pillows were genuinely comfy and made for excellent sleeps. My room was small and no view but no real reason to spend time in it. Staff were also excellent. Small issue was not having a bedside electrical outlet. Clearly an issue with a previous guest because night one there was a power bar next to my bed which was very handy but strangely it disappeared on the second day and despite being on hands and knees there was no obvious spot to plug in computer etc. I also really like hotels with ipod players so another bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nick B, Manager at Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Rubber_Duck_Author,

Your positive feedback is one of the main sources of our success, so thank you for sharing it through Trip Advisor.

In-room electrical outlets are located on the desk, and in most rooms also on the bedside. For the convenience of the guest we also provide surge protectors upon request and availability.

I would like to thank you for your insight as it will help us better serve our guests in the future.

We look forward to your return!
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were there to meet up with friends. We were given such a warm welcome, just in time for the free wine! The location is fabulous if you want to enjoy the Embarcadero and Ferry building without being too much in the hustle and bustle of Union Square. The hotel is clean, dog friendly and, comfy. I slept better than at home! Already booked a room there for my next trip.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Bay View, it's worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Julie R.

Thank you for staying with us and for your excellent review. Exceeding our guests’ expectations and creating a unique, personalized guest experience are paramount. We are happy that your review noted our location as a sanctuary, the amenities and the service provided.

Thank you also for securing a second booking with us again, we look forward to your return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location (middle of the Embarcadero), superb customer service, clean & inviting hotel. This was out first stay at a Kimpton Hotel and we were impressed. We will definitely stay here again as well as look for other Kimpton hotels when we travel elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
CedFam,

Please accept our most sincere gratitude for staying with us and for your excellent and valuable feedback.

I am glad to learn our location was convenient to you, and that on your first Kimpton experience, our superior customer service, clean, and inviting property left you willing to return.

We look forward to your next visit!
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I checked into the Harbor Court yesterday to end our West Coast trip on a great note. Has not disappointed one bit! Location is ideal, we have a FANTASTIC view of the Bay Bridge from our room. Road noise minimal. Customer service exceptional! Room cozy and well furnished.
Just a note to the people complaining that the rooms are so small, GIVE ME A BREAK! As described on their website, the rooms are "cozy". Not huge, not a box, but cozy. My wife and I slept very well without a problem on the extremely comfortable bed.
We will definitely be back to the Harbor Court in the future!

• Stayed September 2012
NakasBronx_NY,

Thank you for taking the time to post such amazing comments. We are thrilled to hear we were able to provide a good conclusion to you and your wife’s West Coast trip.

We would love to have you back as our guests. Please visit again soon!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have heard fabulous things about this hotel. My sister stayed here 3 months ago and came back with rave reviews. She thought the hotel was beautiful, great location & very clean. Therefore, I was hoping to stay here as well when I come for my vacation in October. I was even more surprised when I got online and saw that on their website, there is a special offer for 20% off best available rate if you stay for 4 nights or longer. I went to purchase my 4 night stay and the "special offer" was not included in my final price. I called the hotel and they refused to honor their "special offer" saying that it was an error on their website. Very disappointing that this establishment does NOT honor own advertisement on their website and has little regard for customer service. I suppose I will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Katie R.,

Thank you for your interest in the Harbor Court Hotel, and for your valuable feedback.
It leaves me very disappointed to learn that in your experience our reservation system may have misled you. Please know that all our advertised rates and specials are always honored, in fact we are well known for matching any other online advertised price. I would love to investigate your incident further. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can research your concern, and see what I can do to turn this experience around for you.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business in the area. While a bit smaller than most hotel rooms, the view and amenities made up for the size. The bed was quite comfy, the desk space was adequate and there were plenty of convenient electrical outlets for all of my gadgets. The lobby is beautiful and a great place to work or meet with friends/colleagues. In the morning they had fantastic strong coffee hot and ready in the lobby. There is a good, reasonably priced deli across the street with excellent breakfast options. For dinner there is an tasty sushi restaurant right next door. I will be back!

Room Tip: It is worth it to upgrade to a room with a view of the Bridge - lovely!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dysphorichousewife-
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your fantastic experience with us on Trip Advisor.
Your feedback means a lot to us, and we look forward to your return!

Been to Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!