“Perfect stay - you will not be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   165 Steuart Street, San Francisco, CA 94105 (Financial District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free parking!
Ranked #29 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect stay - you will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location (middle of the Embarcadero), superb customer service, clean & inviting hotel. This was out first stay at a Kimpton Hotel and we were impressed. We will definitely stay here again as well as look for other Kimpton hotels when we travel elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
Nick B, Manager at Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
CedFam,

Please accept our most sincere gratitude for staying with us and for your excellent and valuable feedback.

I am glad to learn our location was convenient to you, and that on your first Kimpton experience, our superior customer service, clean, and inviting property left you willing to return.

We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I checked into the Harbor Court yesterday to end our West Coast trip on a great note. Has not disappointed one bit! Location is ideal, we have a FANTASTIC view of the Bay Bridge from our room. Road noise minimal. Customer service exceptional! Room cozy and well furnished.
Just a note to the people complaining that the rooms are so small, GIVE ME A BREAK! As described on their website, the rooms are "cozy". Not huge, not a box, but cozy. My wife and I slept very well without a problem on the extremely comfortable bed.
We will definitely be back to the Harbor Court in the future!

• Stayed September 2012
NakasBronx_NY,

Thank you for taking the time to post such amazing comments. We are thrilled to hear we were able to provide a good conclusion to you and your wife’s West Coast trip.

We would love to have you back as our guests. Please visit again soon!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have heard fabulous things about this hotel. My sister stayed here 3 months ago and came back with rave reviews. She thought the hotel was beautiful, great location & very clean. Therefore, I was hoping to stay here as well when I come for my vacation in October. I was even more surprised when I got online and saw that on their website, there is a special offer for 20% off best available rate if you stay for 4 nights or longer. I went to purchase my 4 night stay and the "special offer" was not included in my final price. I called the hotel and they refused to honor their "special offer" saying that it was an error on their website. Very disappointing that this establishment does NOT honor own advertisement on their website and has little regard for customer service. I suppose I will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Katie R.,

Thank you for your interest in the Harbor Court Hotel, and for your valuable feedback.
It leaves me very disappointed to learn that in your experience our reservation system may have misled you. Please know that all our advertised rates and specials are always honored, in fact we are well known for matching any other online advertised price. I would love to investigate your incident further. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can research your concern, and see what I can do to turn this experience around for you.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business in the area. While a bit smaller than most hotel rooms, the view and amenities made up for the size. The bed was quite comfy, the desk space was adequate and there were plenty of convenient electrical outlets for all of my gadgets. The lobby is beautiful and a great place to work or meet with friends/colleagues. In the morning they had fantastic strong coffee hot and ready in the lobby. There is a good, reasonably priced deli across the street with excellent breakfast options. For dinner there is an tasty sushi restaurant right next door. I will be back!

Room Tip: It is worth it to upgrade to a room with a view of the Bridge - lovely!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dysphorichousewife-
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your fantastic experience with us on Trip Advisor.
Your feedback means a lot to us, and we look forward to your return!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel is located in the Embarcadero area which was great for us - we avoided staying in the touristy area (Fisherman's Wharf) but were a 5-minute trolley car ride away. It was right on the F-line so easy access to most popular areas. Right next to the Ferry Building which has an AMAZING farmer's market on Saturday!
The staff of the hotel are professional and service-minded. I had left my driving directions to Napa at home and they immediately Google mapped it and printed it out for me on the spot.
The room was small-ish but really who needs that much space? It was big enough for my needs, I didn't feel cramped. I love that the windows open - the fresh breeze from the Bay was amazing to fall asleep to. Very clean room. Had a small fridge filled with honor bar items but we just removed bottled drinks to make room for any perishables we wanted to keep cold. Pay for a room with a view - it's what makes it worth staying there.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view. Seriously.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Innocntiis,

Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for mentioning the friendly service, the convenient location, and our rooms’ unbeatable views. These three aspects of our hotel are our greatest prides and most highly praised assets.

We look forward to your next stay with us, would love to make your acquaintance!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was my 60th birthday and I wanted to do something special so I looked at a wide range of hotels in San Francisco. We normally stay on Union Square but we always walk to the wharf and to the Ferry Building. When I saw the photo of the view from the penthouse and looked closely at the location of the Harbor Court, I decided this was exactly what we needed and we were not disappointed. The hotel staff is gracious, warm, professional and accommodating. The rooms are small but very nice, lovely bedding, towels, and robes, good ambiance, clean, and a million dollar view. There is cold water with sliced lemon in the lobby, coffee and tea in the morning, wine, beer, sangria or cokes and such at 5 p.m. with nuts or pretzels, and home made cookies at 9 p.m. with milk, ice cream and A&W root beer. You can swim at the Y (which is actually part of the building) or workout. You can walk across the street to eat at the Ferry Building or take food out. There are about 5 places with 1$ oysters within walking distance, not to mention the ball park, sandwich shops, cheap joints and very expensive restaurants. You can take the trolley to Fisherman's Wharf for $2 (we walked it); BART is close (we went to Berkeley); the ferry building is across the street (we went to Sausalito). On the night of our arrival after a long walk to the wharf, we returned to find a bottle of cold champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate, cupcakes, balloons, a lovely arrangement of sunflowers and a handwritten birthday card from the staff. I was truly shocked by their attention and kindness. Can't say enough about the helpfulness and cheerfulness of the staff. All of the people working at the Harbor Court were delightful. We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the penthouse.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick B, Manager at Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
ldh_winnie

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback. It was an honor to learn you chose the Harbor Court Hotel to celebrate such special occasion.

We are very glad you enjoyed our location near the Ferry Building and you were able to experience one of our bay view rooms. Being built almost a century ago, our historic property offers variable room sizes and price points for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor Court Hotel on your next trip to San Francisco!
Vancouver,BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is located in Embarcadero area.
The rooms are tiny, but clean and the service is very nice ( Mr. Chris Brown from the reception was great help- thank you ).
Too bad they don't have a restaurant.

We stayed there for 3 nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
33yo,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback.
Chris is indeed a very valuable member of our team, thank you for sharing your positive experience with his service. Being built almost 100 years ago, our historic building features variable room sizes, from cozier to larger ones.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our boutique hotel on you next visit to San Francisco

Been to Harbor Court Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!