I had an appointment in Oakland, CA and was going to SF after. I called the Handlery Hotel on my way to SF from Oakland. I talked to "Jeff" at the front desk and asked him when was the earliest I could check in. He looked up my reservation and said, "Your room is ready for you now". It was before noon so I was very happy that I did not have to wait around for three hours before checking in. Thank you Jeff! I parked the car right there in the garage in the Handlery and went to check in. My next excellent experience was with "Tony" at the front desk. He was very nice and efficient at getting me checked in and on my way to the room. I should mention now that I listen to KGO AM 810 radio and took advantage of the "KGO Package" that is advertised on air. It includes a deluxe room, 20% off dining at The Daily Grill and, best of all, FREE PARKING! Tony said to me that Jon Handlery would have greeted me personally if he were at the hotel. He was not there on Saturday :( The room was exactly as I expected it to be. It was on a higher floor (6th) and facing out to Geary Street. It is in the historic part of the hotel which is older. You really get the feel of the City when you can look out and see the cable cars, Union Square and all the people going about their business. I had a great view of all of that plus Union Square. The Hotel also left a bag of goodies for me upon arrival in the room. What a welcome treat! The Handlery Union Square Hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of San Francisco. You can easily walk to any part of the city from this location. I had lunch at The Daily Grill the next day and had a wonderful meal. I had their "mini" chicken pot pie and Caesar Salad. The mini pie was just the right comfort food to have on a breezy afternoon in the City. Accompanied by a Caesar Salad and a Bloody Mary, it was just right! I will most certainly stay again at The Handlery Union Square Hotel and take advantage of the KGO Package. Maybe next time I will stay during the week and be able to meet Mr. Handlery in person!
Thank you Handlery Hotel and staff for making my experience and excellent one, all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Club Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco