“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

easy access to everything. Great for when you're lugging your shopping hauls and you don't have to walk so far back! Hotel offered a very friendly, helpful staff, it was clean, & the amenities were second to none. Great happy hour & gym was worth getting up for just for the sunrise & view. Bartenders were knowledgeable of area & offered sound advice that proved true about sights & restaurants. Location is unbeatable if you're sightseeing - close to wharf, ferry building, North Beach, and of course Union Square. Cable car & busses are close too. It was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

2,216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

On our arrival the man at the door who collected our bags informed me that I was the hotel’s ‘Guest of the Day’! At first I thought he was just joking but sure enough when I got to the check in desk this was confirmed by the person checking me in. This meant that I was able to choose from a list of free gifts, one of which was free limo ride back to the airport at the end of my stay, so having just paid over $50 to get to the hotel from the airport I decided to go for this.

My room was also upgraded to one on a higher floor with a great view looking east towards some of San Francisco taller buildings and the bay area behind them. The room was very spacious, modern and clean. The bed was also very comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping.

Even without my ‘Guest of the Day’ experience I would still recommend this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were excellent. It is in a wonderful location just off Union Square (great area for shopping, restaurants, the stops for the hop on, hop off tour buses and also the San Francisco cable cars).

Hopefully I will be back to San Francisco one day and if so would definitely look to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear red_mark_24,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful time in San Francisco and glad you got a free ride to the airport. We just love to delight our guests! It is great to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and the ideal location of our hotel. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Market Drayton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on the 2nd stop of a tour of USA. Great location, right on Union Square. First impression of the room-WOW! More like a suite! It was really spacious, particularly so after staying in a small, but lovely hotel room in NYC. Huge room, ENORMOUS bed, floor to ceiling- wall to wall window, retro décor, walk through dressing room leading to large, luxury bathroom. The bed was the comfiest bed ever! Massive deep mattress & so comfy topper, loads of huge soft pillows, crisp sheets, best nights sleep Ive ever had. Didn't want to get up in the mornings!! Almost a shame there was so much sight-seeing to be done! Top floor restaurant & bar was impressive, amazing panoramic views, when the fog lifts! So one night amazing views sat in the bar just having a drink, booked a table for the following night-FOG! But all adds to the experience. Loved this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed the ideal location of our hotel! Sounds like you had a really nice rest at night in our Grand bed. We appreciate you took the time to write us a review. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Texas Hill Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! Always great to hear our guests enjoyed their interaction with our staffs. Some of our bartenders have been with us for 40 years, so they are the best resource when it comes to where to go, things to do! Thanks for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed with the Grand Hyatt in June and it was a really comfortable experience. The hotel's location is fantastic and right where all the shopping places are in Union Square. Great for when you're lugging your shopping hauls and you don't have to walk so far back! There are several dining options near the hotel as well which was great. Like what other reviewers had pointed out, Starbucks is just right across if you're looking for a quick fix. I had a nice Sunday brunch at the nearby Cheesecake Factory (in the Macy's building) and it was superb. The room was very comfortable for three adults and it was very modern and sleek as well. I did not feel that it was cramped at all though there were three of us in the room. The bed was heavenly and I fell asleep instantly every night. It was a little hard waking up the next day! We visited the bar & lounge one night and there was live music which was wonderful. The lounge area wasn't very large but it was really nice and I enjoyed it. I would definitely return to stay at the Grand Hyatt once again should i return to SFO.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear joantham,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Sounds like you had a fantastic time shopping around the Union Square and enjoyed our Grand bed every night! We love to have you come back and visit us again soon!

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Sepember 2013 on a business trip. Excellent location, right off Union Square which is the shopping district. The hotel is very good. Rooms are modern and good size.My room was on the 26th floor and had a city view. Some of my other colleagues had excellent views of the bay from the same floor. They have friendly staff. Basic necessities like water and ice are available on each floor. The gym is on the 35th floor with breath taking views of the San Francisco Bay. They have a nice lounge + restraunt on the first floor. The hotel is located walking distance from several restraunts and bars. There is a Starbucks across the road and a Walgreens about 200m away. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors with a bay view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I spent this past week at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco, and it was a modern, renovated hotel with a very friendly staff. Everyone was nice, and they treated my service dog particularly well which is something I appreciate. We had breakfast with our room, and the food was consistently good and very fresh. I loved the berries and the museli and would also suggest the banana pancakes. We had room service one day as well, and that was good, too. The location is great, near lots of shopping and right across the street from a Starbucks. It is a block from Union Square and we were able to take our dog for daily walks in the park. The only negative about the hotel is the small rooms. I'm not a fan of small hotel rooms, and this one is barely comfortable for two people. Overall, the hotel was nice and I'd stay there again. It is a typical city hotel that has modern but small rooms. Our room didn't have a great view, but it was comfortable and the food and bar made it very nice. I also liked the shower fixture and the minimalist feel to the decor.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors so that there is less street noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt San Francisco? Share your experiences!