I was somewhat disappointed by this place, worst of all was the noise, and more specifically the creaking in the walls! On my first night I called the front desk to complain about what I can only describe as the sound of creaking timbers in the wall. They told me it was the wind and the building is having some sort of earthquake work going on. Only way they could help was to move to the 3rd floor where it wasn't so "creaky" but then I'd hear the traffic!
The room was nicely decorated in typical Hyatt style, but the TV was fuzzy (and no one could fix it) and the toilet slow to flush (again no one could fix this!). Although when I called about the TV and toilet they where very quick to send someone up.
Best thing about this place was the bar on the 36th floor where the view was stunning. The crowd is older, okay geriatric, but it's a great view at Sunset and the drinks are top notch.
Overall it was okay, but I wont go out of my way to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt