“You cant beat the location....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt San Francisco

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt San Francisco to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   345 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #25 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“You cant beat the location....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

After having done a lot of research of hotels to stay in San Francisco, we chose the Grand Hyatt.... Not disappointed with this Hotel. The refurb certainly has worked. We had our room on the 29th floor and the views were breathtaking..... The service was fantastic. Quite surprising that this place has just one restaurant. The coffee area opposite the concierge was fantastic and a special thanks to Suzzane who took care of my daughter with nice warm chocolate! Will be back...

Room Tip: Rooms ending with 18, 19 and 20 on the upper floors - 20th onwards will be good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Viviano_12,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt San Francisco on your recent stay. It is always great to hear our guest's compliment on our recent renovation and the San Francisco view from the higher floor is definitely amazing. I will be sure to share your review with Concierge Suzanne and please come back and see us again soon!

Best regards,

2,117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Grand Hyatt lobby and mezzanine-level restaurant appear to have been nicely and recently renovated. The rooms are well-furnished, as you would expect for a Grand Hyatt with adequate wi-fi and the latest electronic equipment. Beds are comfortable.

You may want to ask for a non-adjoining room, as you can hear everything from the hallway and the next-door room. Another alternative is to ask for a hypo-allergenic room, which comes with an air purifier. It fortunately puts out white noise to help with the other noise you will probably hear....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except that I had to wait for breakfast on both days because the restaurant is pretty tiny. I stayed on a thurs and fri night, and I had a bit of jet lag coming over from Asia so breakfasts are always my hungriest meals - unfortunately I had to wait about 10 mins before i could be seated and I didn't think the buffet selection was that great. THere were only about 4-5 hot food selections which was disappointing ,and it was the same on both days, no variety.

Rooms were excellent, I was on the 7th floor, not very tall, but good size. I was paying sub US$200 a night, very good value in my view. If you come out of the hotel, turn right and right and go a block, you are in union square. I love shopping in SF and shopping around union sq, absolutely fantastic location.

I use to stay at the Four Seasons SF and Ive stayed at the Westin St Francis and I've stayed at the Huntington hotel (small luxury) and i have to say id def choose the Grand Hyatt over the other hotels. i think location, plus comfort of room are the two biggest positives.

One complaint I have is if you order from places like amazon and ship to the hotel, they charge $5 bucks per item and you know how Amazon can be, sometimes packaging one item per box - the charges add up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear emandjeff,

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the ideal location of our hotel and the renovated guest room. We truly appreciate your feedback on the breakfast buffet served at OneUP and I will be sure to share it with my food and beverage director to review. Thank you again for choosing the Grand Hyatt San Francisco and we hope to see you come back soon!

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel has it all. The beds are just gorgeous! Sooo comfortable! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms have amazing views and the hotel has everything you could possibly need. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks to the Grand Hyatt for making our first time in San Fran amazing!!!

• Stayed December 2012
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are thrilled you had such a great experience with us! I must agree our Grand Bed is one of the best in the hotel industry and glad you enjoyed it! I will be sure to share your review with our staffs and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tehran-Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights mid dec 2012. the location is perfect right in the middle of shopping district and close to all kinds of public transportation. walking distace to china town and market street. check in and check out was so easy and fron dest staff are really nice and professional. The rooms were nice but beware that no matter how high your room is, you still can hear all the traffic ( i was on 27th floor and i still could hear it ) . The breakfast was not impressive however there are many nice restaurants in the area that you won't get bored.
The people at consiege are really helpful and nice. you can count on them for good advice.
There were some issues which can not be called problem but might need some attention :
There was no bottled water in the room, which now adays is offered im mostly all good hotels.
There 2 times that i called house keeping for items like robe and slippers and it took me three phone calls to have them brought to me.
As i mentioned the noise from street can be a set back.
No pools or spa. However i was told there were several nice spas in the area. I couldn't go because they were booked for times i wished to go.
But in general a nice stay :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I just returned from a week in San Francisco on business where I stayed at the Grand Hyatt. I have nothing but compliments and great things to say about this amazing hotel and truly caring staff. When I arrived, check-in was prompt and even though I arrived well before check in time, my room was ready and the process didn't take more than 5 minutes. Upon arrival, I was informed that I had been selected as "guest of the day" which brought with it an upgraded room and several other wonderful surprises.

I want to let people know about my experience in several areas:

Location - There is not a finer location in San Francisco than that of the Grand Hyatt overlooking Union Square.

Hotel Appearance - The renovations to the lobby and public areas of the hotel are wonderful. The Hyatt was always a classy property but now they have stepped up even more. Great design, great appearance.

Staff - This is where the Grand Hyatt truly distinguishes itself. This is a large hotel with hundreds of rooms but it NEVER felt like a large impersonal "conference type" hotel. I was always referred to by name and people just bent over backwards to help and be friendly.

Rooms - Again, great job on the renovation. The room was quiet, comfortable, clean, and classy. Loved it.

I want to thank everyone at the Hyatt for going the extra mile to make my stay a great and memorable one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for the 5-star review. It is great to hear you enjoyed our renovated hotels, the convenient location and we are thrilled to hear your generous compliments on our staffs. I will be sure to share your review with the entire staffs and management team. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Truly yours,
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was debating if I should stay at Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf or the Grand Hyatt. I wont regret this place is completely refurbished and rooms was real nice and jazzy.

The club is really great. The best is the coffee machine and could get my Cappuccion any time. Right next to the shopping district and it is not more than $15 cab ride to the Fishermans wharf. You could also take $6 ride on the cable car right from the next block.

I would certainly come back again to this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. We are delighted you enjoyed the amenities offered at the Grand Club Lounge! Our location is definitely unbeatable and easy access to many shopping area. Thank you for staying with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tiffany

Been to Grand Hyatt San Francisco? Share your experiences!