Owners of this property really have done their homework when deciding for the location of the hotel. Despite the fact I am a first-time traveller to San Francisco, I dare to say the location is second to none. And I do not mean Downtown SF or Union Sq., I mean the exact hotel address at 345 Stockton St at Sutter St. And the reason I state this so enthusiasticaly is that while being at walking distance from Union Sq (30 secs to be exact), the hotel is opposite to Macy's and other stores where crowds and beggars tend to populate.
About the King Room at 23rd floor I was assigned to: size-wise it is just right, well-furnitured, convenient coffee machine, excellent internet-enabled TV, excellent bed, complimentary wi-fi or paid higher-speed ones, excellent bathroom facilities and good closet space, very silent, nice view from Financial District and rooftops along Sutter St and partial view of the SF bay with beautiful sunrise.
Cons: windows seemed like never been washed, what ruined what would be a perfect twilight photo, I could use some more hanger space on the bathroom, you have to remember to put your privacy doorknob lable out otherwise staff may barge in, found significant amount of dirt in less accessible areas behind bed and you have to be careful while opening the shower at night as cleaning staff may have directed it outwards and a splash incidend may occur if not careful.
About the hotel, I can always say it is pricy, but I feel like I got enough value for what I paid, but I would recommend not hiring internet unless really necessary and prefer having breakfast outside because 50+ USD for a couple seemed a litlle bit overpriced for me, especially considering you are 1 min walking distance from Sears Fine Foods and Loris Diner and 10 secs away from Starbucks across Stockton St. Would I look any further for my next stay in SF? I very much doubt so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt