The location near Union Square is nearly unmatched (only a few others right on the square.). The rooms feel luxurious including remote blinds and elegant bath fixtures. The lobby and check in are modern -- very upscale. Valet (as one can expect in SFO) is fantastic. Unfortunately the rest of the staff, especially dining, seemed untrained and lacking sophistication for this level. I agree with other reviewers that moving the restaurant and bar from the 36th floor to "one Up" was a massive misstep. Moreover the restaurant seems to be suffering from serious freshman jitters. Food is sufferably slow in coming. Hours of operation seem to be erratic and subject to chef irrational preparation. That said when and if the food arrives it is spectacular. I can only hope they figure out the service irregularities as I do hope to return again with better dining experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt