“Great stay in SF!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Save Saved
You added Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Ranked #13 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Great stay in SF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in early June. We had a room on the 8th floor on the courtyard side of the building. It was extremely quiet! We didn't hear any city noise. The room is on the small side, but that is to be expected in the city. The room was very clean and had modern decor. The bed was comfy too!
The staff were very friendly and always greeted us when we came and went. We also had dinner and drinks at Gaspar, the new restaurant in the hotel. The food and drinks were excellent.
The location is very convenient to Union Square and Chinatown and public transportation was close, although we walked a lot of places because that's how we roll. I would avoid walking through the Tenderloin though.
We had a great experience at Galleria Park and will definitely stay here again when in SF!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1,224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My partner, parents and I stayed in the Galleria Park hotel for 4 nights at the end of May and absolutely loved it! We arrived late evening and we were greeted by Zach, who was so friendly and helpful. Our rooms were small but clean and modern with a lovely bathroom. The garden terrace on the 3rd floor was great, we took our wine there a few nights during free wine hour! Although one night we felt guilty sat drinking wine and eating crisps when a large exercise class suddenly surrounded us , we found this so funny! The maid was fantastic, our rooms were kept lovely and she was so friendly. Fantastic location, close to Union Square and short taxi from Fishermans Wharf. Tea and coffee maker in room, hair dryer and air con. Free wi-if is also great. Thank you so much Galleria Park for the fantastic accommodation! If we return to San Francisco we will definitely stay with you.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room for easy access to garden terrace
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My first time staying with the hotel but I am familiar with Joie de Vivre. I have stayed with some of the sister properties. They hold up to their name. I loved everything from the friendliness of the staff to the style of the property. Such a unique experience! I recommend anyone to experience this lovely hotel, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The staff make this an excellent place to stay. The bakery next door was a delight. The room was clean and roomy. It is close to all public transport. The decor creates a relaxing environment which is much needed after travelling around busy San Francisco !

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the street and slept like babies
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Galleria Park Hotel hospitality and the location of the hotel make it a special place to stay for the first time visitor or the San Francisco regular visitor. The location is perfect as you can easily walk to Market Street to catch vintage street cars or walk through the famous Union Square shopping district and Powell Street to catch the cable car. The rooms are first class, clean with excellent bathroom amenities. EVERYONE connected with the hotel is helpful, knowledgeable and cares about making the guests feel comfortable. The late afternoon wine tasting happy hour is a great way to meet new friends and share San Francisco experiences. The "boutique hotel" experience offers the guest so much more and the Galleria Park Hotel certainly is high on the list of special places to stay while enjoying San Francisco.

Room Tip: Suggest to ask for a "garden room" as they are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Agoura Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here for only one night. The check-in was smooth and I liked the design and artwork in the rooms. I was looking forward to taking a bath after a long day, but the room I got only had a shower. The hotel said there were some rooms with bathtubs, but they were all booked. The room was off of the stairway, so I thought it would be more quiet, yet I could hear a lot of noise from the street at night. The parking is very expensive, so I parked elsewhere, which was a hassle. The traffic in the area was horrible at around 7 in the evening to get to the hotel from a place downtown. The hotel also charged me for a water bottle, though I had made a point not to drink anything from the room. They did reverse the charge after I called about it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Ms. Cc,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We believe that feedback is a gift and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback to us so that we can improve on our service. I'm pleased to hear that you liked the overall decor of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you found the area to have too much noise. The location of our hotel has less street noise as it is a couple of blocks away from Union Square. Being in an urban environment, traffic and the street noise do affect the overall experience of some guests. Parking in the City is indeed expensive, but I assure you that our hotel offers one of the least expensive overnight valet parking options in the hotels.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back. I would ask that you reach out to me prior to your arrival so that I may take a personal care to your stay. In closing, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Three of us Brits staying at this hotel. Lovely position and very clean , well appointed , and clinical service.
The wine happy hour is a real bonus and you get to meet some other guests rather than just nod in the lift. I now know where Canada and Nebraska are!! No real complaints and good choice.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!