This hotel was the least expensive and closest to my training site, right in the heart of San Francisco, making it perfect for my week-long stay here.
First, the room. The rooms are adequately sized but if you want a big shower, this is not the place for you. However, my room was very clean with a king bed, a nice sized TV, desk, Keurig coffee, mini-fridge and AC. There is some street noise, but I barely noticed it.
The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant, with knowledgeable directions to the hundreds of stores and restaurants that populate the area. The hotel is close to almost anything you could want - I walked to AT&T Park, Chinatown, Westfield and Union Square.
They have a small fitness room with a limited amount of equipment and some free weights and a 3rd floor outdoor track for running/walking. There is no pool or other family friendly amenities so keep that in mind. Otherwise, next time I come back to San Francisco for work or without the kids, I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco