We have recently returned from a week's holiday at The Galleria - overall a very good hotel, excellently situated but a couple of problems that perhaps need addressing by the management.
On arrival, as at all times during our stay, the staff were very welcoming. We were allocated a clean, well decorated room on the sixth floor at the back (south side) of the hotel. It was a slightly tight fit for three adults plus luggage but was manageable after a slight rearrangement of the lighter items of furniture! The mattresses on the Queen beds could have done with being firmer - if sharing with a restless partner every wriggle was a shared wriggle and we suspect anyone suffering with back problems might have found the lack of support a real problem. However our most serious nightime concern was the noise. Despite us not overlooking the main streets ( we were on the southside overlooking an alley) we were awoken most nights by traffic noise, the sounds of garbage trucks and on occasions road repairs - the hotel might want to consider installing double glazing on it's next upgrade....in the meantime we'd advise taking ear plugs or getting a room overlooking the centre of the hotel
The free flow coffee from 5 AM was most welcome and we indulged in the free wine in the lobby on a couple of evenings. To burn off the calories we used the small exercise room - adequate for us but perhaps not up to the needs of a hardened gym goer.
For 2 nights in the middle of our stay we parked a hire car in the hotel car park (valet parking) - unfortunately at checkout we were subsequently over billed for it's use. It seemed once we had used the parking for one night it was assumed that we had used it for every subsequent night of our stay. Once the mistake was spotted the bill was promptly corrected with an apology from the staff.
Would we stay again? Yes, overall a good hotel in a superb location with excellent staff, however because of the the overnight noise levels we're unable to offer more than 3 out of 5.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel
- Galleria Park
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.