“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel

You added Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Off
Ranked #12 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely hotel in a great location in the heart of the financial district! Coffee shop on one side, a cute wine bar on the other, Union Square nearby and plenty of shopping and eateries besides. Add to that impeccable service with a smile from the entire staff and you have a great reason to visit San Francisco. Thanks, all at Galleria Park for a lovely time!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay in this classy, hip, and modern boutique hotel! Service was excellent -- front desk was always so helpful. Because it's a smaller hotel, I felt they paid better attention to my needs -- and were always prompt if I ever needed anything. What I loved most was hotel's proximity to all the great shops, Union Square, Chinatown -- all located less than 5 minutes from the hotel! Also, tons of cute restaurants/bars right near the hotel. Perfect stay, perfect location. It also felt good to support a hotel that cares so much about the environment.

Green Features: It felt good to support a hotel that cares so much about the environment.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first time to stay in a boutique hotel and I was very pleased! The location alone is worth the price of a night's stay especially since I wanted to be car-free during my visit. Every place that I wanted to go to in the city was within walking distance - Union Square, Chinatown, shopping district, museums, and restaurants. Cable car stations are nearby, and the BART is only 2 blocks away.

The hotel lobby is gorgeously decorated, yet inviting. The courtyard/terrace on the third floor was a welcome surprise. I love the gardens and seeing some greenery while relaxing on one of the benches. I even enjoyed my late afternoon complimentary glass of wine up on the terrace!

Rooms with 2 full size beds are a bit small, but still cozy and inviting. What matters most is that the rooms are clean, and the bed was comfy. Service was great and every staff member I met since day 1 were nice and friendly. Yes, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking into staying in the heart of the city!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our entire Board of Directors and VIP Guests stayed at the Galleria Park Hotel this weekend and had a fantastic experience. From reservations to check-in to room service we were greeted with the greatest warmth and hospitality. The rooms were beautiful and well appointed. They even accommodated special needs for my family. Also, the location of the hotel is very central to many of the things you would want to see in SF. Close to shopping, theater and great restaurants... it's great to walk around the neighborhood and enjoy some of the best of SF!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Generally speaking if a hotel has the word "boutique" in its description this means expect overpriced and old and this hotel certainly can claim this. Nice renovated bathrooms but old doors that require a real key (real keys still exist..?), very slow and constantly disconnecting wifi, no central heating and no thermostat in the room means constant manual operating of the AC. Yes it is quaint with its fireplace in the lobby, and the location is good if you want CBD access, but really for the price just stay elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Nickcom,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Feedback, such as yours, is the best way to improve the hotels service standards and amenities.

I want to truly apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay and that we did not meet your expectations. I am not quite sure what you meant with an old key as all our guestrooms have electronic locks. We also recently upgraded our WiFi network by adding access points throughout the building and increasing the bandwidth 3x faster. I'm sorry that your experience with our WiFi was not parallel to what we were trying to achieve with our network upgrade.

While we make every attempt to ensure that all guests receive a truly warm and unique experience and a comfortable room, it is apparent that that did not occur in this case and for that I truly apologize.

Thank you again for your feedback and should you return to the area, I would very much like to have you stay with us and give us another chance – if you do, would you please let me know once you have made your reservation, as I would like to personally make sure that we provide you with a better accommodation prior to your arrival.

If there is anything else I can do, or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate and I would be happy to assist.

Best Regards,

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
415-835-6473
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights on a road trip and enjoyed our stay. As ever Tripadvisor was invaluable in helping us to choose hotel and request room.

Pros - amazing location, very helpful staff, nightly wine hour, lovely comfy bed and clean, well presented room. Ours was smaller than other US rooms ( as expected in San Fran), but had free wifi and was cool and quiet ( requested internal room based on other feedback).

Con - expensive valet parking (again perhaps as expected in SF).

Would we stay again? Yes. Definitely.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fi-W-Scotland,

Thank you for taking the time to share the pros and cons of staying in our hotel, based on your recent experience.

We are very lucky to have one of the best locations in San Francisco, just a few steps away from Union Square, Chinatown and other major sights. More importantly, I am very pleased to hear that you liked our staff as it's what I personally value the most. It's also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, including our nightly wine hour, our beds, the overall presentation of the room and our recently upgraded WiFi.

I am sorry to hear that you found our valet parking charge expensive. I agree that due to limited parking spaces in the City, hotels and parking garages charge a premium rate. We recently shopped the cost of overnight, valet parking in other hotels in the City and our rate is actually less expensive than the average.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views about our hotel. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to San Francisco someday.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was a guest at the Galleria hotel last week while in San Francisco for business. On the night before my departure I lost my wallet while at dinner. I had to leave the hotel at 5am for the airport to catch my flight. I did not have any cash or credit cards with me to get to the airport. Jesse Huggins was at the front desk that morning and was able to assist me. He tried to get a car to take me with the credit card on file. When that didn’t work he gave me his metro card out of his pocket and an additional $10 of his own money so I could get to the airport to catch my flight. I really can’t thank him enough for all the help he provided and found it incredible that he went so far out of his way to help me out of the jam I was in. This kind of customer service is almost non-existant these days.

(They also have a free wine hour in the evening with some really nice local wines and the location is perfect)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!