“A classy place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria Park Hotel

You added Galleria Park Hotel to your Saves list
Galleria Park Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
San Francisco Pride
Ranked #19 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“A classy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This jewel box of a hotel is well situated within easy walking distance of Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My bedroom was nicely appointed in a very classy, traditional style. The bathroom was on the small end of the spectrum, but perfectly serviceable.

My only reservation about it is the street noise. I was on the 7th floor, facing Sutter St. and there was a lot of noise throughout the night. Next time I will book an interior courtyard room.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We cancelled a reservation at the Palace Hotel (because of our negative experience on arrival) and stayed at the Galleria on or return trip. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Complementary wine offered at 5:00, a nice touch. Our room was clean and comfortable. Centrally located, would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online.

We appreciate you choosing to stay in our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly found our team members accommodating and friendly. I hope that you stay with us again when your travels take you back to San Francisco.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Further to te earlier reviews, this hotel is ideally located in downtown. It is very close to Union Square, 5 mins walk. Staff were very polite and helpful and gave good tips! Our room was very clean and warm and so beautifully decorated. The bed was super comfy too! Unfortunately we didn't get to partake in the wine time due to a busy schedule, but I heard it was fab.

My only gripe is that the room was small, and the bathroom was even smaller!! Especially for 2 people who were sharing the basin and mirror. And the shower was tiny! I am a petite person and yet I felt claustrophobic when showering, and washing my hair was a challenge. I'd definitely stay here again but would try to get a room with a bigger bathroom.

Beautiful hotel, in a great location and well priced.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel is in a great location with lots of activities within walking distance. The hotel staff is nice and helpful with directions/recommendations. The rooms may be a bit small for some, but suited our needs fine. Had no trouble with the wi-fi. The one thing that was a bit odd was the room had a slight smell to it. You only really noticed when you first step in from the hallway. Bathroom could use an extra towel rack or two. During our stay the hotel must have done some work overhead that necessitated the removal of a celing tile. Caused some debris to fall over the floor which was not cleaned up until the next day. None of these things would deter us from staying here again. The hotel was good and we would come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hotel location is great and within walking distance of a lot of tourist sights and restaurants, hotel room was rather small but workable. Had our curtain closed most of the time as it was facing another building window, was a bit annoying that 3 days in a row the bottle bins were emptied very early in the morning. Would advise anyone staying here to ask for a room at the front.
Staff were helpful and always polite, would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear gecentral,
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to read that you found our team to be helpful and polite. Even though we are listed as a 3.5 star hotel we strive to provide 5 star service.
I am sorry to read about the inconveniences suffered from the position of your room. As you mentioned we do have a number of different views ranging from city views to quiet interior rooms.
We cannot wait to welcome you back. Please feel free to reach out to me upon your next stay as I would love the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and rating.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott
kscott@jdvhotels.com
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by our holiday agent at Trailfinders Manchester.
Having never been to San Francisco before my wife and I found the hotel to be very clean with excellent decor. The staff on the reception were very welcoming, as was the bell hop and other members of the staff.
Our room was cleaned and made up daily, with clean towels and fresh toiletries,and the hotel was located well for downtown,Chinatown and transport links to pier 39 and other areas of the city.
The taxi from the airport costs in the region of 50 Dollars, and for the return trip I would recommend you ask the hotel to book you a house car,maybe 10 dollars extra.
The hotel has a fitness centre.
All told we highly recommend this hotel as a pleasant and safe place to vacation in San Francisco.

Room Tip: We were well satisfied with our room on the seventh floor,some of the lower floors could possibly be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about your recent stay at the Galleria Park Hotel. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel "very clean with excellent decor." I am also very happy to read that our team members were friendly, welcoming and efficient.

We hope that you stay with us again when your travels take you back to San Francisco.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lovely boutique hotel, a jewel, in an old lovingly-restored San Francisco 8-story building. Walking distance from Union Square, Moscone Center, Financial District and restaurants. Wonderful coffee shops all over the place.

The hotel is clean and attentively appointed, and the staff is uniformly helpful and cheerful.

No hotel restaurant, but it doesn't matter because there are so many places nearby.

My only complaint has to do with Internet access, and this was a new one for me. Yes, there is "free wi-fi in your room", but you soon discover that it is dial-up speed. You can check your e-mail on it, and that's about it. You are invited to "upgrade" for $10 per day if you want service that is usable. I opted for the free wi-fi and, two days into my stay, needed to work on a Power Point presentation and asked to upgrade for 24 hours. Should be easy, yes? But, no. I had to talk to Internet "support" which answers the phone by asking "what state and city are you calling from?" It took me more than an hour to get the service changed and, even then, something was wrong "in the system" and I could only get half the speed I needed. The hotel did not charge me for it, but the whole thing was an unnecessary hassle. Even nice hotels like this one continue to use the Internet to get some extra dollars out of the guests. The Galleria Park Hotel is CLOSE TO PERFECT, except that I was forced to do an Internet dance that I did not want to do.

Room Tip: I only know room 805, top floor, and I recommend it. The top floor is quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to San Francisco.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our location, our services and amenities.

I am so sorry about your experience with our internet provider. I agree with you that it was an "unnecessary hassle" for you as our guest. Coincidentally, we are upgrading our WiFi network system this month to increase its bandwidth speed and reliability. We will also be changing our internet provider and support.

I hope that you stay with us again soon. Thank you again for providing us feedback.

Warm Regards,