“Great location, great amenities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Save Saved
You added Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great location, great amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our room was small but the usage of space was amazing. I was so impressed with the cleanliness, decor and comfort of the room. The location of the hotel was great. We were able to walk to multiple districts (Union Square, SoMa, ChinaTown, North Beach). The hotel staff was very friendly and polite. Great places to eat/drink within a couple of blocks of the hotel. Business center was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Being in the Hospitality business I travel 60+ nights a year and stay in a "variety" of hotels. Galleria Park more than met my expectations. I stayed on the 8th floor which was very a spacious suite. The staff was friendly and made me feel welcome during my 2 night stay. I will definitely stay here the next time I visit SFO.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We've stayed in a Joie de Vivre before in Huntington Beach so we decided to try another one out. Same type of service and decor with complimentary wine in the evenings. This is an older building and space is at a premium, so not the exact same as the spacious one we stayed in before. We loved the location as it was close to many excellent restaurants, BART, and Chinatown. We loved walking out the door and being right in the middle of everything! We also enjoyed the soaps and lotions by LATHER. We would stay there again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently visited The City over an extended weekend. My wife and I could not have picked a better place to stay. The location was AWESOME! Walking distance to Union Square, Market Street, great restaurants, Chinatown entrance, North Beach, and much more. We parked our car on Friday and picked it up as we left on Sunday. The view from the room was perfect. We were able to see the Chinese New Year parade from our room. The staff was friendly, and who can beat FREE wine each night!!! I would stay here 10 out of 10 times.

Loved it

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel's main attraction is it's location....its in the heart of everything! Near union square where all the cities tour buses commence and just a few blocks walk to the beautiful china town. There is a supermarket just around the block and a cafe next door. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and is very modern. My room was quite spacious but I was a little apprehensive about its location (room 820)...it was off the main corridor through a fire door and was basically on top of the fire stairs which was very unusual and I was a little worried about security especially the fact I stayed here by myself but everything worked out fine! My bathroom had two small shelves that were stocked with the hotel products so I had no counter space for my own products which ended up being put on the floor!! But overall this hotel is certainly recommended to anyone who likes a modern hotel in a fantastic location!

Room Tip: For solo women travelers...perhaps not room 820 as it is off the main corridor!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Galleria Park Hotel.

Our location is surely one of the best areas in San Francisco as it's nearby all the major sights. Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors--just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square, Chinatown, Ferry Building, and many more.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not like the location of the room. I assure you that we have ample security cameras and staff members that keep our hotel safe and secure at all times.

With regards to the bathrooms, we are addressing the concerns you mentioned during our multi-million dollar renovation by adding brand new vanity sinks with cabinets and additional shelving.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that I may personally take care of you. Please feel free to contact myself directly.

Thank you again for choosing the Galleria Park Hotel.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
415-835-6473
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was amazing! We couldn't of asked for a more perfect location. We walked everywhere which saved us money and gave us a great work out! The room was spacious and had all the amenities we were looking for. We enjoyed the Chinese New Year parade from the comfort of our room! The Bread and Cocoa coffee shop was convenient as well. Loved the jogging patio and jogging route suggestions posted in the elevator. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and will suggest to all my friends and family.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're driving to Galleria Park make sure you have it mapped out, we went around the block two or three times before we found it -- and in San Francisco traffic during the day that can be traumatic. When we did finally spy it we couldn't find a legal place to park to register. I doubled parked for about ten minutes before the doorman finally helped us sort it out. Fortunately that was the worst thing about our stay.

The hotel is not luxurious, but is boutique modern and clean, and the rooms are a bit on the smallish side, but we expected that in a SF hotel. The bathroom was modern and the shower worked fine. The bed was fine and the linen smooth. We had asked for a quiet room and that always means you'll have a view of an ally or in our case a view of other rooms. But again we we'ren't staying at the hotel as a resort vacation.

It perfectly suited our needs and was in the heart of SF where we could walk to most places we wanted to visit or jump on a street car just a couple of blocks down the street. The clerks and captains were all friendly and helpful.

We did really enjoy the wine hour where they actually served very nice wines. Most of the guests had several servings and were happy campers by the time wine time was over.

You do have to pay for parking which is all valet, so it can be a pain if you have to come and go frequently. But for the most part we didn't have any issues with it, and one time when we just had to grab a few things from the room, the valet watched our car for the the fifteen or so minutes we needed.

All in all a nice moderately priced hotel with friendly personnel comfortable rooms, conveniently located with a great happy hour. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ron J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty finding the hotel. With all the one way streets in downtown San Francisco, it could be challenging driving around and finding your destination.

I'm very pleased to read that you liked our hosted, nightly wine hour and our modern design. I believe you stayed in one of the rooms that we recently renovated. Included in our multi-million dollar renovation is our brand new guest bathrooms, soft goods renovation, WiFi upgrade, new Fitness Center, and many more.

We hope to see you again soon.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
415-835-6473

Been to Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!