Stayed at the Galleria Park for 4 nights over an extended weekend. We chose this hotel b/c it came highly recommended from my sister who goes to SF for business a lot. it did not disappoint!
1) GREAT location, walking distance to everything!
We walked to the embarcadero everyday on our trip, to the ferry building.
We also went shopping 2 days in union square, which was literally 2 blocks down the street. I went to Banana Republic 2 days in a row, since it was only 1 block down.
We took the BART from SFO to the Montergomery Bart station, which is only 2 blocks from the hotel.
One morning, we walked to Chinatown, which was 2 blocks away.
Everything is literally 2 blocks away from it, so I thoroughly enjoyed its location and diverse surroundings!
2) Clean and contemporary feel - the lobby is beautiful in chic glass/crystal and blue accents. I wish my house was decorated like the furniture they used in this hotel. Our room had great furnishings as well, and the rooms were clean.
3) Great service - everybody on their staff from the host at the wine hour to the hardworking maid to the valet guys were so accommodating and nice. We loved that they let us check-in early even though it wasn't 3 pm and I really liked the lady who cleaned our rooms everyday. She worked so hard and made sure our room was always clean.
4) FREE WINE HOUR - we went 2 of the 4 days here and it was not to disappoint. We definitely got our fill of free wine in the hours of 5:30-6:30, their chardonnay was smooth and very easy to drink. It's not just a two buck chuck!
5) free coffee in the room (keurig machine) and free coffee/tea in the mezzanine every morning. I need my coffee every morning, so it was nice that there was coffee for me whenever i needed it!
1) small rooms and small bathroom, but this is SF so space is limited. as long as you expect it to be small, you'll be fine. It was clean however, so as long as you don't overpack and you keep it organized, you won't notice the size of the room.
2) overnight parking cost $38+$5 for tax. it's comparable to everything else in SF, so my suggestion is to not bring your car and use the public transportation instead!
overall, this would be the place i would stay at if i went to SF in the future!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco