“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Save Saved
You added Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Special Price
Urban Escape Offer
Ranked #14 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

What a fantastic hotel i cant say enough.
I contacted the hotel weeks before we arrived & was put in contact with Galen from the front desk. We mustve exchanged about 10 emails about things to do etc. ON arrival he had bumped us up to a junior suite & had a package waiting for us at the hotel. This had maps of all the areas with areas marked where we shouldnt go. Things we could do & all sorts. Plus he advised us to buy a Muni passport which gives you unlimited travel on the various forms of public transport. This was a godsend. I wouldnt advise to drive in SF but use the various forms of transport including the streetcars & cable cars. The rest of the staff at the hotel were equally as nice constantly helping where they could. Joel who is the front desk manager even booked & printed out tickets for us for a show we were going to see in LA even though it had nothing to do with his hotel.
The rooms were great too, nice big flat screen tv, clean, huge bed too.
Location is perfect as you are on the doorstep of Union Square & Chinatown.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Galleria Park hotel. My staff and I are very pleased to hear that you felt "home away from home."

I shared your nice comments to Galen and Joel. They are indeed two of our valued employees who go above and beyond for our guests at the Galleria Park. Happy Holidays!

1,236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed here on business, while working on lower Market Street. I typically stay at bigger chain hotels (I'm a slave to points), but decided to try this hotel given its location and reasonable price. I loved this hotel! The reception personnel were very friendly and helpful, and they willingly threw band aids at me for two days after I sliced my finger. The room itself was quite spacious, and it had a good work area with plenty of outlets, which is so rare in older hotels. The bed and linens were top notch. The bathroom was very clean, but small, as would be expected in an older hotel. I had a room that overlooked an inner courtyard, and it was very quiet. I also barely heard any noise from other rooms, which is another benefit of an older hotel with thicker walls and doors. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

we stayed in this hotel from 29th Oct - 5th Nov.
The hotel staff if great, very friendly and accomodating.
Location is great, near a lot of public transportations. Many Walgreens nearby and even a 7-11 shop on next street.
Though our room is facing Sutter street, it is not too noisy. Once a while can hear car horns or sirens but usually after 10pm it's ok.
The only complain I have is the bed. Everytime my hubby move, even a tiniest bit, I will feel it! Wish the hotel would get better quality beds.
but overall it's a good place to stay and I would most probably stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I had a conference scattered over several hotels and Moscone West. I wanted to pick a hotel that wasn't on the current Unite Here boycott list. It was a little far from where I needed to be, but there were plenty of cabs and the walk wasn't bad. It was also really close to the Montgomery BART station.

This hotel smells good. Any hallway that smells like eucalyptus is good by me. The price was quite reasonable considering the location. The room was compact but perfect for two of us. I mean, we were just sleeping or working there. The internet was a little slow, but hey, it was free!

The room was very nicely furnished. The linens were wonderful. We asked for hypoallergenic pillows and comforter and they accommodated us. The working areas were nice, as was the tv. The bathroom was nicely redone without eliminating the cool details that showed it was originally an older hotel that had been redone.

The lobby was nice and the staff were very attentive. I didn't have any time to go to the wine reception (bummer), but it looked nice. The hotel was pretty quiet.

I would definitely stay here again. I would have liked to spend time drinking wine out on the terrace!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Friendly reception and very accomodating. We arrived 2hrs earlier and was checked-in without any hassle. Great location, near BART. Everything we asked for and even more. Though room was a tad small, the cleanliness and HUGE flat screen TV made up for it. We stayed for 4 nights and was only disturbed from the street noise once. They allowed us to leave our suitcase at the premises when we checked out and left for Hawaii for a few days without any charges. This has exceeded our expectations.
We would most certainly use this hotel on our future trips and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Room was small.clutered with too much furniture....
Check was ok...but wine reception going on so couldnt here a thing...
Bathroom towels basic/its noisy street side...
Very average...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very comfortable and lovely room with attention to details and interesting colors. Free daily wine reception was an added plus and a nice way to meet fellow guests. Very convenient to BART, bus and sreetcar lines as well as Union Square. Big flat screen TV and radio in room. Bed very comfy.

Room Tip: Inner court rooms do not have aview of anything except the opposite wall of hotel room windows.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!