What a fantastic hotel i cant say enough.
I contacted the hotel weeks before we arrived & was put in contact with Galen from the front desk. We mustve exchanged about 10 emails about things to do etc. ON arrival he had bumped us up to a junior suite & had a package waiting for us at the hotel. This had maps of all the areas with areas marked where we shouldnt go. Things we could do & all sorts. Plus he advised us to buy a Muni passport which gives you unlimited travel on the various forms of public transport. This was a godsend. I wouldnt advise to drive in SF but use the various forms of transport including the streetcars & cable cars. The rest of the staff at the hotel were equally as nice constantly helping where they could. Joel who is the front desk manager even booked & printed out tickets for us for a show we were going to see in LA even though it had nothing to do with his hotel.
The rooms were great too, nice big flat screen tv, clean, huge bed too.
Location is perfect as you are on the doorstep of Union Square & Chinatown.
I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco