“Lies” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #221 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Lawrence, Indiana
“Lies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is nothing but lies. The website was a lie. Once we got there we realized it was in the middle of crack haven with hookers everywhere. The manager was rude and the room was a mess. Don't check in here is a waste of money.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel even if you are tempted by the great locale and budget friendly price! The owner of the hotel literally YELLED at me angrily for 5 minutes when I attempted to check in at 1:30 a.m. He repeatedly told me how inconsiderate I was and that I should have told him I was arriving late. Bleary from being up at 4 a.m. and traveling for almost 24 hours, I meekly tried to show him my printed reservation which clearly showed in my note that I would be arriving "very late" at 1:30 a.m. or later due to flight schedule into SFO. He never stopped yelling at me until I told him I was going across the street to the Day's Inn. Fearing a cancelled reservation he made a half hearted attempt at amends by offering me to check out at 12 noon instead of 11 a.m. and because I was so completely exhausted I did actually stay that night, although I cancelled the rest of my reservation when I checked out the next day. The room REEKED of some sort of carpet deodorizer and there was mold on the wall behind the bed. I would not stay here again if that A hole apologized on one knee and begged me. Despicable and unforgivable behavior in this customer service oriented field.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was in this Motel for a city trip im December.

+ fast check-in and check-out
+ 3 mirrors in the room
+ elevator
+ good location for the visit to the Golden Gate Bridge

- there was not a big choice for the breakfast which was directly at the front desk
- very loud
- not very clean towels
- was not cleaned when we arrived at 4.00pm
- staff was strange
- far away from downtown

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This motel was average. We booked here last minute and got a good price so we can't complain too much. It was nice and quiet and the bed was comfortable enough to sleep in. If you had a choice, though, you might want to go some place else because the motel was really old and rundown. The carpet and furniture are all very old. I think it's also on the bad side of Lombard Street. There are lots of motels and inns on the other side of Lombard street which are excellent and not so expensive if you book in advance. This place was very very average but would do if you're just looking for a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Location is great - hotel is terrible.
Don't go there if you have other choiches. It should be your very ladt option.
Rooms were not clean.
You don't sleep alone - the bed is a zoo of small incests that will bite you.
Wait to go till you Can afford something better.

• Stayed October 2013
Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of colleagues, the Presidio Inn being booked for us long in advance. I was prepared for the worst, after reading the previous comments, and must admit the inn lived up to it's reputation: run down, noisy, no service at the desk. Cleanness in the room was OK though, must be a tough and frustrating job to be a maid at the Presidio. Next weekend I'll return to SF, staying at Hayes Valley Inn :-)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After finding out that Hotels.com didn't book me a room across the street at Days Inn, we found that the Presidio Inn had a room available. The room was dingy, musty, hot, stuffy. The bathroom had mold, brown stuff near the toilet paper holder, rust around the pedastel lav at the base. Holes around the light switch in the bathroom. No A/C, only a fan that was dirtier than the bathroom. The floors haven't been cleaned in years. The door handle didn't work, so all we had was a deadbolt for a lock. I found stuff on my covers. The curtains didn't block out the light and were really outdated and torn up. The luggage rack was occupied by the microwave, there was no refridgerator, but there was plenty of coffee and creamer, that was on top of the microwave. In between the two queen beds and the night stand, the carpets have not been vaccumed in a very long time. I even found a sock there. The phone was broken. It does have an elevator that the Crips have tagged and it was musty smelling. IHOP is across the street which was helpful, because the continental breakfast was toast and butter. Nothing else. I would not recommend staying here at all.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! And if you do, ask for one of the rooms that have been more updated than 303!