One needs to understand the Hotel Drisco proposition. This is an older building on a street corner, on the top of a hill in an up market area.
We extended our planned three night stay to enjoy the following:
* a calm and peaceful atmosphere in a mid size boutique hotel
* a pervasive staff culture of engagement, utter helpfulness and cheerful friendliness that runs through all staff categories
* very comfortable rooms and bathrooms
* free street parking - we have seen other reviewers concerned about this - basically parking was very easy to find, with no restrictions on the weekend - for weekdays your car needs to be moved every so often to comply with restrictions - this was a doddle... hand over your keys at the front desk and they will make sure you are legal
* great value for money - $325 per night doesn't seem so much when you don't have to pay $50 a day for parking, when an excellent breakfast is included along with an even more superb complementary 5pm wine and cheese (etc.) reception
* great location close to Filmore St shopping etc - also pleasant for not being inundated by street people as so much of SF appears to be
A hotel that we utterly recommend and that we will be delighted to return to when we next visit California
You have no recent hotel searches.