“Rooms need deep cleaning and a serious update!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco

and 1 more site!
You added Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco to your Saves list
Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco
2505 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Marina)   |
Ranked #213 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Cedar City, Utah
“Rooms need deep cleaning and a serious update!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on spring break vacation in San Francisco. We weren't too worried about the hotel as much as we were about the prices. We paid a good amount of money for the poor service we received. When we arrived the front desk clerk was yelling at two guests that had previously checked in. They didn't understand where their room was located and the clerk frustrated yelled at them and told them to go look for it. We were very shocked with such service. However, we kept quiet and waited till he finished with the two gentleman. He checked us in just fine, he was nice to us... I didn't quite understand this man's behavior. The room looked clean as you walked in, but as soon as you started walking around you could tell that it needed to be cleaned. One out of our three nights the hot water wasn't working in our bathroom. I called down and asked him if he could please come look at it or do anything to fix it. He didn't bother to come or offer assistance, he just said the water is working just fine and I need to keep trying. "keep trying" Well, we just took a cold shower. In the morning there was a new older gentleman that checked us out, he seemed like he actually cared about our stay and wished us good luck. I would reconsider staying at this place again. The only good things were the spacious rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor. There's a couple of stories and no elevator. We had bikes...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located on the western end of Lombard Street but the hotel itself is VERY OLD and needs updating. There is no central air. There was a fan for cool air and a small portable heating fan for heat provided in the room. The room had no ironing board and the hotel could not provide one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Beersheba, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and we really liked the place. The room is simple but big enough with fridge and a big bathroom. The location is very good- there are many places to eat nearby, gas stations and supermarket. The public bus is just 5 minutes walk and the public transportation is probably the most comfortable way to travel in San Francisco. We had a rented car so it was very helpful that the hotel had a free private parking. We didn't use our car here so the parking really helped. The parking is small maybe for 20 cars so if you get here late maybe you won't have a place to park. In total the place is worth the money- it's not expenssive and the people are nice and can give you maps of the city, buses..good luck:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I decided wanted clam chowder instead of Chik Fil A so i ventured off to SF. This is what my husband was able to get me. From the time I checked in, it was such a good experience. The elder which checked me in/out was such a nice sweet man. Not much English, but enough to get by. I was a bit concerned when I walked toward a patch of mold on the ceiling, but was too tired to care. Hiked up the stairs to our room (225). Opened the door and in amazement...it wasn't that bad. Ok, so the curtains were pulled off their rail, but pretty nice AND clean. The bed was very comfortable. I check the beds everywhere I place I stay; no stains or bed bugs. The sofa and chairs appeared clean and sturdy. Everything worked very well. Had a great nights sleep and walked over to Home Plate for breakfast in the morning. I don't have any issues or complains. I'm just waiting for them to bill my CC.

• Stayed January 2014
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

It rained and inside the entrance to the lobby was a HUGE leak from the ceiling (mold from prior leaking) pooling up on the floor. The carpet was super wet from the leak. Our room had no heat and it was cold, the hair dryer in our room did not work, the box spring to our bed had all of the springs exposed and we got bit by bed bugs all over our bodies.

• Stayed November 2013
Miller Place, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The room did smell so we sprayed air freshener and left the windows open for a while and that helped. Good location. Towels quite worn. At least clean but in need of major freshening and/or renovation especially if paying $150 per night.

Stayed October 2013
Decatur, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we booked this room, it was a Knights Inn, but the sign said Alpha when we checked in. We booked and paid for a king with continental breakfast, wifi, fridge, and microwave. We got a queen with no breakfast and no microwave. We had to step over and around dirty linens that were on the hallway floor to get to our room. There was a hole in the bathroom wall. The curtains were filthy, and they were ripped in half so only the top half of the window was covered by the sheers. The bed was not very comfortable, and there were only two very small pillows. The air conditioning consisted of a pedestal fan, and there were no screens on the windows. Our friends had a room with broken window panes that had been repaired with strips of tape. Their windows were covered with bird excrement as well as dirt. Their room had can lights in the ceiling, but one was stuffed with plastic grocery bags. When I called the hotel directly to get a name or number for the Alpha Inn customer service, the person who took my call first only told me the name and address of the hotel; then he said they had no customer service and hung up on me. I did write to the Wyndham group, which has Knights Inn as one of their hotel chains, and I am waiting to hear from them. We've stayed in many hotels, some of them budget, others quite high end, but I have never experienced anything like this place! It was not worth the free parking they offered, which was one reason we booked here. I've been in hotels booked through Priceline that charged one third of the cost of this one, and those were far better regarding comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco? Share your experiences!