We found most hotels in SF too expensive for our budget, but this one really fits the bill! Yes, it is a bit run down, yes the 'breakfast' is just complimentary juice (made from a packet) or coffee, yes the bathrooms could do with refurbishing, but.... It didn't smell, the beds were clean and comfortable, the towels were changed daily, the bathroom cleaned, there was a fridge/freezer and microwave and kitchen bench/sink (but no cooking equipment) with coffeemaker and complimentary coffee and it was relatively quiet at night. We had a poolside suite. It had 2 x queen size beds, a bath/shower, 2 x writing desks, 2 x chests of drawers, a shared bedside cabinet, a hanging wardrobe rail and more shelf storage in the bathroom. One chair needed shampooing or recovering, but apart from that the linens were fine, they matched and were comfortable. Get over yourselves! You only need a decent bed and a working shower!!
We can put up with 'elderly' decor and facilities as long as it is clean and the service cheerful. Every request we made (i.e. swapping coffee sachets for decaff) was met promptly.
Did I mention the area? Fabulous area!! Running parallel is Chestnut Ave, an eclectic mix of beauty therapy, bars, boutiques and eateries ('Blackwood' is highly recommended), or up the hill behind into Union Street for slightly more upmarket Bistro and eateries and more boutiques of Cow Hollow... And its an easy 20 mins stroll along to Fishermans wharf if you want to do all the touristy stuff. If you like hiking, it is 7.5 KM walk to the North side of the Golden Gate bridge from here, an easy stroll through parkland trails as this place is just 100 metres or so from Lombard Gate, into the Presidio park surrounding the South (city) end of the bridge, or the bus stops outside! To see the rest of SF, a combo ticket allowing access to all cable cars, trolley buses and MUNI buses at $21 per/person for 3 days has it all wrapped up.
- Also Known As:
- Alpha Inn And Suites San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Alpha Inn And Suites San Francisco Hotel
- Alpha Hotel San Francisco
- Alpha Motel San Francisco
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham and Tingo so you can book your Alpha Inn and Suites San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.