“I loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Riverside, California
“I loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

today is my first day at the days inn San Francisco at the beach,the guest service is fantastic Jag was super nice he gave me directions on how to move around Sf using public transportation,the room is VERY CLEAN so far everything is perfect thank you .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed here two nights for a business trip - I had a meeting that was held across the street at the Zoo (great place for a meeting!). Many things in my room were broken (the fridge, the clock radio, the windows were hard to open) - but with each thing I brought to the managers' attention, Jag and Rita, they quickly resolved the issues, and brought me replacements.
The Days Inn needs to invest in this property and update it as it has two fantastic people running the place who are committed to delivering excellent service.
This is a budget motel, and the value was very good for what I paid. My room was very quiet, I had convenient parking (yet the lot is tiny, but hey we're in SF), and I had what I needed with an extra table to work and free internet. There's a great cafe, Java Beach, a few doors away - excellent coffee! I would stay here again as I know Jag and Rita are committed to ensuring their customers have a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
coronado, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Found out it was better to stay out of the downtown area when I happened upon this Days Inn. It is a good price considering how overpriced it is to stay in SF. It's located right by the beach and zoo which are both nice. Don't think it's the most upscale neighborhood, but I never saw anything suspicious there. The rooms are clean and good sized, but make sure you don't get one facing the main street, Sloat, as it is busy. Otherwise, if you're a light sleeper, you won't sleep.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I booked a stay here for a team I manage in July 2010. We had quite a bit of trouble with the reservation, made worse by the manager barely speaking English.

Upon check in, my company's card was declined. They refused to allow my athletes to check in. I was not physically present, and frantic to let my athletes check in, I gave them my personal card information. Even with that, they weren't going to let them check in until I faxed in the authorization paperwork, which I could not do because I was in the car on the way to the airport!

Fortunately, one of the athletes just paid for it on his card and we reimbursed him. Problem solved. I thought.

6 months later, I am very surprised to check the online statement for my personal account and find a nearly $2,000 charge from this hotel dated January 12!!

I call the hotel, and give them my info. They called me back about a half hour later and said it was all a mistake and that they would issue a refund. They said they are under new management and that when they were reviewing old paperwork, somehow my account got charged.

Of course the refund takes time to process, so $2,000 of my money is tied up for at least a week, if not longer!

I am very disturbed that they still had my personal account information, when authorization paperwork was never filled out for it, and that they would just put a giant charge on it 6 months later without even attempting to contact anyone from my organization first.

I now have Days Inn headquarters and my bank's fraud division on the case, but the fact that this happened at all is extremely upsetting.

The good news is that this hotel appears to have a new manager that appears to speak English. The bad news is that they appear to have no qualms about placing unauthorized charges on accounts from stays 6 months prior.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
GREENWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Pros: 2 blocks from the "L" line to downtown; minimal street noise; free parking; easy access from north or south; clean
Cons: "breakfast" is an apple and a bagel (or similar); parking garage is teeny-tiny.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

The desk clerk was very poor, on the cell phone all the time and in the back room. You had to ring the bell for him to appear. The air condiltioner didnt work and he said all rooms booked up. Then he stated if we wait until noon the next day may have a room available. We didnt want to waste half a day of sightseeing to wait for a room. We had to keep the windows open for air and being on the street side was noise of traffic all night long. He said they only have maintenance man once a week on Friday to fix things so no fixing of the air conditioner then. The next morning we went down for the sparce continenetal breakfast and the coffee maker was broke. The morning before everything was out and had to summon the desk clerk from behind again to restock. He didnt bother to check before if it had adequate supplies. They need a desk clerk who is responsible and cares about his job. It may be cheaper than other motels in San Francisco but you certainly dont get your moneys work. Dont stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I would stay here again. the price was fair, front desk man (Danny) was welcoming and helpful, the room was clean(very important) with no nasty odors, and roomy. It is a short walk to the beach, the zoo, and public transport. Also located close to the highway, making it easy to get to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn San Francisco at the Beach? Share your experiences!