My wife Barbara and I chose this spot because it was near the Fisherman's Wharf area. We knew that check in time was 4pm but were very pleased that Alex at the front desk allowed us to store our luggage when we arrived at 2:45. Once we returned from dropping our car off we were able to get into the room which we found to be clean. We had reserved a room with a queen size bed but found a bed that was full sized at best with sheets that were grey from frequent use. Our view was the wall of the building next door and the windows of the neighbor's kitchen and bathroom although the elevator had a large poster reminding us that if we did not like the view we could "upgrade" to a room with a better view for more money. A bit insulting since we were already paying close to $200 per night. We had hoped to start our next morning by booking a city sight seeing tour on a double decker bus but one of the staff at the desk told us we were "too late" to do it for the next morning. We were also told all the rooms were sold out although later a different staff member told us there were several open. A bit confusing even if we had wanted to change rooms. We had the breakfast the next morning and found it to be ok. The eggs and sausage that were available appeared to be packaged and were just plain undesirable. Cold cereals, juices, yogurts, english muffins, and waffles were fine although one of the toasters barely worked. Fine in a pinch but The Home Plate on Chesnut St. (just one street over) served an excellent breakfast. The staff working the breakfast was very cordial and helpful. When we checked in we were given free WiFi sign in information although we were never able to sign in. We asked repeatedly about it and we were told that they were not experiencing any problems. When we checked again on the last day of our stay they told us they had changed the password and we were using the wrong one. A bit frustrating. We did walk down to the wharf the next day and booked our own sight seeing tour without any problem. Our stay in San Francisco was great. We found most people to be friendly and patient with out of towners. The public transportation workers were especially kind and helpful. All in all we found the Comfort Inn to be average with the exception of Alex at the front desk who was very professional. The location however was exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® By the Bay is conveniently located off U.S. 101, near Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor, Fort Mason Center, Union Street and Lombard Street, the World's Crookedest Street. This San Francisco, CA hotel is close to popular attractions, including AT&T Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Chinatown and the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn By The Bay Hotel San Francisco
- Comfort Inn San Francisco
- Comfort Inn Bay San Francisco
- San Francisco Comfort Inn