Check in was quick and easy and the staff very friendly and helpful. Interestingly the guy that checked us in was great at selling tours etc and signed us up for a couple he was extremely friendly and helpful, once we were signed up and paid he didn't want to have anything to do with us again, he had obviously got his commission.
The room was comfortable but a little small and the bathroom was cramped but everything was very clean. The area the hotel is in is Ok but the Tenderloin District is right around the corner and is pretty rough and lots of homeless hang around the area. But if you walk the other way no problems and Union Square is only a 10 minute walk away.
We stayed for 5 nights and we were more than happy with the hotel, they even have free wine tasting at 5.00pm every night, very enjoyable.
There is a Middle Eastern restaurant within the hotel, we only ate there once but the food was amazing, very tasty and reasonably priced.
The walls are a little thin and if your neighbours are noisy is could be a problem but we were lucky and apart from a couple of times everything was quiet.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay again if we return to the beautiful city of San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Carlton offers an international ambiance paired with outstanding guest service. Built in 1927, this nine-story San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California Street cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, 8 blocks from the main entrance to Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center. Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly and feature live music from local artists. In addition, Hotel Carlton provides complimentary wireless internet to all guests; upgraded bandwidth is also available (surcharge applies). Recently renovated, all 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature remodeled bathrooms including decorative floor and wall tiling, new vanities and sinks. The public spaces showcase cross-cultural design that incorporates treasures from Africa, India, Nepal, Laos and Asia. Our restaurant Saha features award-winning Arabic Fusion cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Carlton San Francisco