Stayed here because it's booked by a co-worker. It's quite far from the Civic Center BART and it's up hill through a not so nice neighborhood. There are a lot of people either sleeping on the street or wondering around with tiny dresses.
On the bright side, it's close to the Japantown.
I'd suggest taking a shuttle from/to the airport instead of taking the BART. It also has a free limo going to the financial district in the morning, but I missed it by one minutes. I ended up taking taxi a lot, especially at the end of the day.
The service is great. The staff is the nicest I have ever seen. They do their job well and go out their way to help the guests. There's free wine tasting between 5:30-6:30.
The room is of good size but the sound proof sucks. I can hear every sentence of the neighbor's phone conversation. Well, a pair of ear plugs or loud TV will fix that problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Carlton offers an international ambiance paired with outstanding guest service. Built in 1927, this nine-story San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California Street cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, 8 blocks from the main entrance to Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center. Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly and feature live music from local artists. In addition, Hotel Carlton provides complimentary wireless internet to all guests; upgraded bandwidth is also available (surcharge applies). Recently renovated, all 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature remodeled bathrooms including decorative floor and wall tiling, new vanities and sinks. The public spaces showcase cross-cultural design that incorporates treasures from Africa, India, Nepal, Laos and Asia. Our restaurant Saha features award-winning Arabic Fusion cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Carlton San Francisco