“Superb Pad See Ew” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Benjarong Thai Cuisine

Benjarong Thai Cuisine
1968 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123-2807 (Marina District)
Website
Neighborhood: Marina District
Singapore
“Superb Pad See Ew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had our dinner delivered to our hotel and this is one my our best Thai meals out of Asia for this price range. The Pad See Ew had all the right flavours and they were generous with the fresh prawns I added on. Sweet, salty and savory flavours were spot-on. My son had the ginger chicken, to be sure it wasn't in the least spicy, and I wasn't expecting much, as the non-spicy Thai meat dishes usually don't impress too much, but it was definitely cooked by a skillful chef. It was tasty and they didn't try to add too much vegetables to skimp on the chicken. There was plenty of chicken and the onions, ginger, capsicum, spring onions were all added in just the right quantities to serve to flavor the dish appropriately. No more, no less.

My only gripe is that half the steamed jasmine rice was scraped from the bottom of the rice cooker pot. So it was hard and we don't eat this quality of rice. Rice is our staple and we are accustomed to only eating soft fluffy rice. My son didn't need so much rice, so that didn't bother us as much as it could have.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, VA, USA
“Good Food, OK Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I had very good food at a very reasonable price. Our food arrived at the table rather sporadically over a 10 minute timeframe, which seemed rather odd to us since there were only three parties in the restaurant due us eating early.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Mmmm excellent Thai food & great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family of four ate at the restaurant, very good food, plenty of food and very good value $44 plus tip. The Thai green curry was very nice, I liked their iterpretation, which included eggplant. The staff/owners were really friendly and the restaurant was welcoming and a good space to eat in. We ate at the restaurant twice in three days.

lake charles louisiana
“Wonderful Dinner - Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although we were only one of three tables occupied in the restaurant, the take out and delivery business was hectic. We really enjoyed the food . Fabulous desserts. Loved the mango with sticky rice and coconut ice cream.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Selected this place based on Tripadvisor reviews. Thanks contributors! Went there for lunch. We ordered 2 lunch specials consisting of the soup of the day (a clear broth with veggies and tofu), an appatizer, rice and either an entree or curry with your choice of meat. My wife had the chicken cashew and I had the pumpkin curry. Since I also wanted to try the highly touted tom ka soup I gave my lunch soup to my wife. Unfortunately when the tom ka came she sample it and I had to share. We both agreed this was perhaps the best soup we have ever had. My wife has no tolerance for spicy food and loved her entree. I like mild spice and loved the pumpkin curry.
Can't wait to reteurn. Only oddity was a lack of removal of used dishes.

• Visited October 2012