I've stayed here once before, but never again. My last stay was a nightmare. I checked in for two days at a very high rate (over $200) because of there was an event in town. I spent my first night, and went out for the day. When I returned, I found that they had taken my things from my room and rented the room out to someone else. They claimed that they only had me in their system for one day and that they tried to call me, but refused to verify my information to ensure that they had made a mistake. I received no call or voicemail on my phone from them. Although they had other rooms available to move me into, they would only do so at an INCREASED nightly rate of $300, and absolutely refused to match the rate I initially signed for. The employee behind the counter feigned being powerless to fix the situation, and the manager which I insisted she call refused to correct the situation to at least move me to another room at the same rate I checked in with. I had to collect my luggage from their office and leave. I also found that they had rifled through my possessions and treated them poorly (for example, they threw my toiletries in with some food I had purchased and was keeping in the room refrigerator). They apparently had done this to other guests, as I saw other luggage being "stored" in the manager's office at the same time...there were no material controls or staff communication regarding these items either. The staff member on duty claimed to not know which pieces of luggage were mine and which belonged to other people. Any attempt to try to ascertain how this situation would occur only caused the staff member to claim that she didn't know anything about the situation, that the different shifts of staff do not communicate (so she couldn't be held responsible). They tried to place blame on the multiple layers of mistakes (failing to record my time of stay, my contact info, handling of my possessions) on me. They were also utterly unwilling to make the situation right by working with me on their "new" higher room rate.
DO NOT STAY HERE. The staff are incompetent, unprofessional, and have no sense of customer service. The management is more interested in price gouging at the expense of the customer than running a business ethically. STAY AWAY.
- Also Known As:
- Civic Center Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Civic Center Motor Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To really enjoy the City, stay in the center of it at the Civic Center Motor Inn. Ideally located just a few blocks from Union Square, cable cars, the Opera, theatres, and world class restaurants, the Civic Center Motor Inn is the perfect jumping off place for touring the City and other Bay Area destinations. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to the Civic Center and Moscone Convention Center. The Civic Center Motor Inn offers the ultimate in value and convenience, including complimentary continental breakfast buffet, free parking, easy freeway access, and nearby public transportation. Our friendly staff is at your service to help make your stay enjoyable and a place you want to return to again and again.The Civic Center Motor Inn offers 57 attractive guest rooms, each designed with your comfort in mind. Guest room features include: Free Parking Free High Speed Wireless Internet Free Continental Breakfast, 100% Non-Smoking Rooms Available, Swimming Pool, Microwave & Refrigerator, Hair Dryer, Iron with full size board, Expanded Cable Television with HBO included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, EasyToBook, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Civic Center Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.