After having booked this hotel we were mainly concerned with its location that was supposed to be in a bad neighbourhood. Though we did see some scruffy looking people in the nearby blocks we did not experience any discomfort, a taxi was never needed and Union square a 10 minute walk away.
Upon check-in we were upgraded to fireplace rooms. The roms are decorated in a way not seen very often in american hotels and are a good break from standard business furniture. Staff was friendly and breakfast almost non existent.
All in all we were very happy with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western