I love this hotel. I think the rooms are creative and comfortable. The beds and pillows were good. There is a desk with chairs on each side. It was right next to a window. It was quiet, but I always ask for a quiet room (whenver I stay in any city). We have stayed here many times.
Parking is an extra $25/day but is easy and safe place to park your car.
The area is not the best area, but we have walked around day and night with no problems. I wouldn't advise a women to walk around alone at night, but that goes for many areas in SF.
As many others who have reviewed, I will say that the wifi is poor, almost non existent in most rooms. This is very frustrating, since they advertise they have it. So if you are planning on doing research about SF or working, it won't happen. You are given an IT phone number to call, which I did one time, but it took so long, I hung up. It was a hassle. There is a computer downstairs in the lobby. But it is not the same as using your own computer in your room.
I do not understand why the hotel has not taken care of this. It has been going on for a few years now and there are many complaints/frustrations in many reviews. Management, why don't you take care of this. This shouldn't be that hard to fix. Other hotels manage to have wifi. I think it would be worth your while to do something about this.
I gave this 4 stars because if you don't count on the wifi this is a nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western