Part of our wedding party stayed here for my sisters wedding.
Not what I expected at a Best Western!
The decor is quirky, kind of old fashioned with each room having the name of a historical figure on the room, which i thought was fun.
There are also fireplaces in some of the rooms! SO fun.
Otherwise this is basic Best Western.
Keep in mind that while this area is not unsafe it IS in the tenderloin and if you walk too far in one direction, things can be a bit sketchy or uncomfrotable for some people. Otherwise it is a quick walk or taxi ride to downtown area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage Inn features 48-rooms and offers a witty, warm, and sophisticated escape from the ordinary. Featuring guest rooms saluting San Francisco's notables eccentric notables and drawing inspiration from the "carriage" of a typewriter, the hotel provides a San Francisco experience well suited for vacationers, theater patrons, convention goers, couples and business travelers alike.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions and destinations including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, the Theater District, and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Carriage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carriage Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Carriage Hotel
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western