I waited awhile after staying at this place so that there wouldn't be any repercussions. The location of the hotel was exactly what I expected, although I wouldn't call it a "hotel" by any means. There we so many things wrong with this place, I will keep it to the major one's that I think you should know. This is because I honestly believe you could end up in the hospital from staying here.
I am the type of person that usually doesn’t complain about things and will just stay somewhere else instead. This place was so horrible that I feel compelled to warn people in an effort to protect them. This is an honest appraisal of this place.
The location and price were reasonable and what I was expecting. We got there in the late afternoon and the man at the desk was very nice and extremely helpful in helping us unload our luggage and helping us with parking. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about him and I think others in the service industry could take lessons from him. The lobby was very tiny but it was fairly clean.
My family and I had 2 rooms on the second floor for our overnight stay. I noticed almost immediately up reaching the second floor that my eyes started burning and I got a weird tickle in the back of my throat. When I entered my room, the sensations got worse. The room had absolutely no ventilation outside of leaving the front door open so that anyone could see into your room. This place is not in a very safe area, so we had to close the doors. This completely intensified what I was feeling.
I am from Seattle and due to the amount of moisture that is in the area, everyone knows about mold and are extremely diligent to identifying it and getting rid of it. Because of my experience in Seattle, I could identify that what I was feeling was due to the presence of a lot of mold.
The size of the room was extremely small. There was a foot in between the side of the bed and the wall, and also a foot between the end of the bed and the entertainment center. The only room four our suitcase was on the other side of the bed in between the side of the bed and the bathroom door. If you laid down a normal size suitcase and open the top an lay it down, there was no room for anywhere to walk without stepping over the suitcase.
In the bathroom, if you were to sit down on the toilet and shut the door, there was 6 inches between my knees and the door. I am of a slim build so I was able to make due with the size. I cannot imagine trying to use that bathroom even if I was slightly overweight. When I went to take a shower, the shower itself was clean, but there was a massive amount of mold on the inside of the shower curtain. Because we didn’t want to touch it, we didn’t use it. This caused the bathroom floor to flood and the water seeped into the carpet of the room.
I could tell that this is probably a reoccurring issue because they had a sign in the bathroom requesting that you use the shower curtain. I think that this can explain a big chunk of the presence of mold. That and the fact that there was no ventilation.
After I showered I inspected the room further. I found many stains on the walls of multiple colors. A couple looked like blood, there were a bunch of yellow stains, and then I finally found a brown patch on the wall. It looked like feces to me at first and it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned because there were still particles of whatever it was on the area. It looked like it hadn’t been cleaned at all. Upon further investigation, I smelled it and it was indeed feces. Let me repeat this. THERE WAS LITERAL FECES ON THE WALL.
At that point I was so tired that I ignored everything that was wrong with the room and decided to not even bother to try for another room. If I had have had any energy left I would have tried to get another room.
The next morning we left in a hurry. 3 out of the four people in my group were having the same health concerns from 2 different rooms. We got all of our stuff out of there and then proceeded to check out with a new person at the front desk. This gentleman was different than the person from the day before.
I decided to tell the person our concerns with the rooms and hotel, in an effort to let them know that they might need to check with there cleaning crew about the state of the rooms. This person had an extremely volatile attitude towards us from the beginning.
His response to me was word for word, “I don’t care”. When I told him about the feces on the wall, he said he didn’t care about that either. When I asked for the General Manager’s contact information, he said that he was the General Manager. When I told him that I was sure that the Health Department would be interested in what I had found, he said that he didn’t give a [--]. Then he asked me, “What are you going to do about it”?
At this point I completely gave up and got out of there as fast as I could. This gentleman was in his mid 40’s and was pretty much bald. I would look out for him if you were staying there.
I have personally been to over 15 different countries outside of the continental US, from Asia to Europe, to the Middle East. I am not making this up when I say that this is literally “The worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life”. This includes overseas hostels.
I hope that you find this helpful. The main reason that I am writing this much is because I believe this place is a health hazard and you could get sick, let alone small children and infants. Please be forewarned. I am a real person and this was my real experience. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE.
Because my experience was beyond words, I have notified the following sites about it: Booking.com, Priceline.com, Hostelworld.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, and Hotwire.com. They all said pretty much the same thing. They said that they would look into it and see if there were similar complaints. They also stated that they will put this hotel under investigation as to whether or not it will remain listed on their sites. Since then, I have had a couple of responses from them and they are going to actively ask for other people’s experience to corroborate mine.
I hope this has helped you make your decision.
“Yes, feces on the wall.”
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.