“Perfect Central Location with Special Birthday Treatment!” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy cocktails for $1
Ranked #37 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Maria, CA
“Perfect Central Location with Special Birthday Treatment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I booked this reservation online directly through their website and stayed in room 902, a deluxe suite. This was definitely the most expensive hotel stay I've ever booked, but since it was my husband's birthday I wanted it to be extra special. While I was a little disappointed with the city view (a direct shot into some offices across the street), I think my expectations were completely met in regards to the spa bath and everything else about the room. We were staying in the room closest to the elevator and didn't hear a thing, which was wonderful!

The service we received was wonderful! I called in advance and spoke with Lauren, who was really nice and helped me set everything up for the room and my man's birthday. She had great recommendations for us. When we arrived, everything was arranged as well as a couple extra surprises which were so sweet!

We did use the Museum Parc Garage which is within walking distance at 3rd and Folsom to avoid having to pay $45 a night. It worked out well for us.

Bottom line- the best features of this hotel are location and service! :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Westminster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

The hotel had an amazing weekend rate in July. I am still amazed considering the high quality of this hotel in a pricey city. The rooms were surprisingly quiet given that they overlooked bustling Market Street. All of the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful, providing assistance with public and private transportation. Hotel is convenient to transit, shopping and AT&T Park. The only negative was that the mattress in the king room was due to be replaced, slightly effecting my nights' sleep.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Granted, there is no pool if you have kids, but you are in SF! Great for couples and families, just keep an eye on the kids while walking around the streets. Close to movie theaters, and many restaurants (including cheap fast food). MANY Walgreens in the area and about a 5-6 block walk to Pier 1 of Fisherman's Warf and to Chinatown. Great transportation available (trollys, cablecars and busses) and BART station is a block away for commute to and from SFO (airport). Hotel is very clean, extremely friendly and the bell staff is really helpful. Compared to other prices, this is a great deal!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel is a little out of my budget, but my work paid for it, so I got two enjoy two nights in a fairly spacious room with a cozy king bed.

Every single member of the staff I dealt with (around 10 different people) was welcoming, courteous, and helpful. This includes the guys who parked my car and the maids I passed in the hallway. I tend to get a little discombobulated when traveling so appreciated that a lot.

A few other details that made me happy:
The room decor was tasteful and comfortable.
The temperature setting in the room worked perfectly and quietly.
The bathroom lighting had two levels: a low light and then a more intense light if needed (I have a pet peeve about bad lighting so I liked this a lot).
The internet connection was super fast and hassle free.
When I picked my car up in the basement upon leaving, the garage was immaculate.

I did not try the restaurant except for breakfast room service, which was fine.

I did not turn on the TV so I don't have any comments about the entertainment selection.

If I'm able to budget it, I hope to bring my wife here for our next anniversary.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
palmetto bay fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We always stay at high end hotels and we were just delighted with our stay at the Palomar. The front desk could not do enough for us- they made great suggestions and were very accomodating with follow up calls for reservations often giving us the menus. They made us feel that it was an honor to be of service!!! They arranged car service for us at the price of a cab. The driver could not have been nicer . When we travel next ( which we often do) I will first look for a Kimpton hotel!!!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Do you live in the Bay Area and can't find time to get out of town, but need a break from the routine? Try a Staycation at The Hotel Palomar! Perfect central location just off Market and a block from Yerba Buena within easy walking distance of nearly every venue. After check-in with the knowledgable & friendly staff you take private elevator to a modern, well appointed, clean & comfortable room above the city streets. The wine tasting from 5p-6p at the 5th Floor is a relaxing treat in a sophisticated bar and nice way to seque into your evening. Our first evening consisted of improptu swing-dancing one block walk away at Yerba Buena followed by stand-up comedy acts provided by SFCC on Mason St. nearby. Dancing, Laughing, Eating and the most comfortable beds yet. Large flatscreens and Ipod music docks add the the ambiance. Big win at great value close to home.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had a wonderful time at the Palomar. The staff was very helpful with all our needs and exceeded all my expectations. The wine in the lounge at the end of the day was a treat. It isn't uncommon to see the staff cleaning the fixtures and maintaining a spotless decor. I highly recommend this hotel when staying in SF.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Palomar San Francisco - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!