“Great staff, good location.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet!
Ranked #43 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great staff, good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We loved the ease of getting to the Nikko on the BART--there's a station within 1 1/2 blocks of the hotel. Nice rooms, and although they're under some construction right now, we barely noticed; no noise, no dust. Comfortable beds and a great view from our window facing the east Bay. We didn't visit the restaurant inside the hotel, but it looked good. There were lots of interesting places to eat in the neighborhood, and the Embarcadero was a 15 minute walk (or a short cab ride) away.
Nikko's staff were all great, but we particularly appreciated the day and evening concierges; each of them went out of the way to help us find what we were looking for, get us reservations or set up a day tour on short notice. We'll stay there again next time we need to be in SF.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear dolby05,

Thank you for your five-circle review of Hotel Nikko. We find our location to be an extremely valuable asset to our hotel. Therefore, we ensure that our staff is available to help our guests during any time of need. You also have the option to text a staff member for any assistance as well. Please come again soon to see the product of our construction, and to check out our restaurant!

Warmest regards,
Marcia Striffeler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Turkish first
Tarragona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Perfection. Great location ......... incredible breakfast buffet. Extraordinary gym. I highly recommend it if you can afford it. If you cannot better get another source of income to be able to pay such nice location.

• Stayed December 2013
NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear oscarcami,

Thank you for your five-circle review of Hotel Nikko. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy many aspects of our hotel, such as our breakfast buffet, our gym and our convenient location to Union Square. Please come again and see us soon!

minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I always thought it odd that people rate hotels, always poorly, because of their interactions on the phone reservation system. Now I get it, after tonight.

I found a better deal for my stay through my credit card at a Hyatt and went online to cancel my reservation at the Hotel Nikko. Well, there is no link at their website to change, check, or cancel a reservation. Inconvenient, yes, but no big deal. They list a number to call to "contact us."

So I call and am told "I can't find your reservation." I gave her the confirmation number and was told to hold. She got back on and told me I would have to call the hotel directly. Tomorrow. When I asked her why I had to do this she hung up on me.

Wow. It's 2014 and I'm feeling like Jack Lemmon in the "Out of Towners." Thank goodness I'm in my home and not stranded in San Francisco at the Nikko. If this is any indication of how this hotel is run I am so happy to have stumbled on my new deal at the Hyatt.

Wish me luck on that phone call tomorrow.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear epmntraveler
We would like to assist you with your issue, but we need more information from you. Brian Louie in the front office is awaiting your call. 4153941130
With warm regards
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I go to San Francisco couple time a year for business and I usually stay at the Parc 55 this year they did not want to extend the trade show price to my last two day in San Francisco and double the price to go to the rack price I book on Priceline another hotel in the same neigborhood for $10.00 more per night what I originally paid at the Parc 55.
The room are beautiful the bathroom are fantastic, the property is great I will be back here from now on

Room Tip: There is a $20.00 per stay to use the gym and pool, the pool is a bit weird very shallow 2' to 4...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear maisoncote,

Thank you for your five-circle review. Our guests take quite a liking to our bathroom amenities. We offer several different room features, depending on which one you book, so that is something you might want to consider on your next visit. In addition, we recommended booking a package deal that include amenities you desire for a better rate. We hope to hear from you soon, whether it be on business or leisure!

Warmest wishes,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed February 16th-20th. We had a room on an imperial floor with two queen beds (floors 21,22,23 are called imperial floors which means you pay more to get more.... I did not get a chance to see non-imperial rooms). The room was spacious and very quiet at night. We had a room on 22nd floor with a nice view (i.e. there was no other tall building right next to the wall to wall window and we could see a bit of the golden gate bridge in the distance). Included in the imperial package was daily breakfast (awesome quality Japanese and American style food), 5-7 pm cocktail reception (wine, soft drinks, assorted cheeses and 2 warm appetizers) , health club (fully equipped with the usual weights and cardio machines, a 4 lane pool!!...also there is sauna and steam room in the locker room, plenty of towels and a water cooler), and in room wi-fi. The staff was very professional and friendly. The hotel has a relaxed feel provided by the ambient lighting and music with a sort of a Japanese touch to it. We booked all our daily excursions through the concierge desk without any issues (hop-on/hop-off bus, Muir Woods, and Alcatraz....Alcatraz needs to be reserved one day ahead). The hotel location is great too, just a 5 minute walk from the BART Powell station in Union Square so it's easy to get from/to the airport. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Floors 21,22,23 are imperial rooms which means you pay a bit more but it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Director at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear ptraveleg,

Thank you for your five-circle review of our hotel. Our Imperial Floor is really worth the value, and we are glad you and your family were able to experience it! Your comprehensive review of our top-level rooms will be a great help to potential guests. We hope to hear from you soon.

Warm wishes,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Everything about my stay at The Nikko was close to perfection. Beautiful, clean modern room, great lobby, great service, free wifi, but these rooms are small. The Parc 55 right acroos the street has much bigger rooms for about the same price. Still, you will enjoy a peaceful stay at The Nikko

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear berkguy,

Thank you for your four-circle review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our service and appreciated the design of our hotel. One thing to remember is that we have several different room options and some are larger than others. Hopefully on your next visit, we will meet perfection!

Best wishes,
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I commuted 90 miles for a job in San Francisco for five years and often stayed overnight in the city. Having stayed in dozens of properties, this was by far the quietest room I've ever stayed in, and that's saying something. Trip Advisor reviews are riddled with complaints about noise, but guess what? Street noise (garbage trucks, sirens) is a given in San Francisco. I don't know if it was the room location on an upper floor, but even with a room facing the elevatory lobby, I didn't hear a thing, and I'm a light sleeper. (Other reviews cover the great location so I'm not adding to that.)

Pluses: Lots of nice extra touches - advance checkin with expedited line in lobby; mid-stay personal email from the manager asking if there was anything that needed to be corrected; fun technological gizmos like the TV screen in the bathroom mirror; friendly and helpful desk staff (even when we asked about a sushi place outside of the hotel); well appointed business center; right-on-time room service breakfast; comfortable bed with choice of pillow styles, nice linens; sleek styling; upgraded without asking (for no charge); very clean and everything in good condition; good room lighting.

Minuses: haven't thought of one yet. I didn't love the $57 overnight parking fee but I've paid more. Seems to be the going rate. I also hate paying for internet service ($15.95) when you are already paying $319 for a room.

Room Tip: I loved #2427 - it's the Imperial Club floor - but it was a free upgrade. Super quiet up here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear betsysSacramento,

Thank you for your five-circle review. Providing a light sleeper, like yourself, with a good (and silent) night's rest brings us great comfort. We are also glad that you took advantage of many of our amenities- the bathroom mirror tv screen is one of our favorite touches too! We hope to hear from you soon.

Marcia Striffeler

Been to Hotel Nikko San Francisco? Share your experiences!