When I booked this hotel, it seemed liked it was priced right @ just under $144 per night, which seemed great for San Francisco. The hotel itself is nice, but they ruined the whole experience for me by all the added charges and had I known before I went there that the extras were so expensive, I'd have never stayed there.
These added charges almost doubled the price of my room. What started out to be $144 per night, turned into just under $300 per night.
- Parking - $45 per night.
- Pet rate - $50 per night, compared to many other with a flat fee of $50-75 per stay
- Internet - $15 PER device (so for my computer, ipad and phone - $45 per night)
Add it up - $140 in EXTRA CHARGES per night and this doesn't even include access to the gym.
When will hotels understand that raping customers like this is unacceptable, sneaky, dishonest and bad for the brand?
I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone as a result of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the fine art of hospitality and the ultimate in personal service set in the midst of a city world-famous for its charming history and its cutting-edge style. Hotel Nikko, just steps from Union Square in the heart of San Francisco, is an ideal destination for business travel or a special getaway. Hotel Nikko offers 510 elegantly appointed rooms and 22 suites. Guests are pampered by such amenities as Subarashee Yume pillow-top beds, high-speed Internet access, large flat panel televisions, stereos and CD players. Room service is available 24 hours each day. The Imperial Club rooms on the top floors provide breathtaking views of the city and offer special features such as Vibe TV viewed through the bathroom mirrors and luxurious Subarashee Ame showers. The exclusive Imperial Club Lounge serves a light breakfast each morning, and a wine and beer reception each evening. Guests enjoy our indoor fifteen-meter heated pool and whirlpool bathed in natural light from atrium windows. Hotel Nikko also features a 10,000 square foot health club that's open 24 hours, offering the latest in cardiovascular and weight equipment as well as men's and women's steam rooms and dry saunas. Massages, including traditional Shiatsu massages, are available by appointment. Our exquisite ballroom is a stunning venue for weddings, other social events and business meetings. The hotel also offers thirteen other function room and boardrooms, all with windows for natural light and impressive views of the city and the bay. Whether you are planning a simple conference for ten or a lavish gala for eight hundred, Hotel Nikko San Francisco will do everything to ensure your event is a stirring success. The elegant and intimate Restaurant ANZU is one of San Francisco's most acclaimed dining experiences. Here, European and Japanese culinary traditions reinvent one another creating a whole new delicious gourmet culture; and guests at ANZU's exclusive Sushi Bar are treated to an incomparable menu of fresh fish. ANZU serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and on Sunday it presents its lavish Sunday Brunch. Our full bar with its breadth of wines and cocktails, displays an exciting imagination with its extensive menu of specialty cocktails and signature sake martinis. The lobby level Kanpai Lounge offers light cuisine, a full bar, specialty martinis, an extensive wine list and unique coffee and tea drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hotel Nikko San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikko San Francisco
- San Francisco Nikko
- Nikko Hotel San Francisco