First off, there is no air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan, but that just doesn't cut it most of the time. The room was very, very small, and the bed. It sunk in the middle, into what my husband and I call a "taco bed." You know, where the edges flip up and you and your hubby are sinking in the middle like carne asada and cheese.
The bathroom was so small and the toilet was very outdated. There is one small, very tiny elevator, and the stairs are very tiny as well.
The main complaint I had was that when I checked in, the staff told me to park the car across the street because it was $33 for 24 hours as long as I didn't come and go. She said that their parking was $35 plus tax. OK! No problem! Then when I went to get the car16 hours later, I had to pay $35. I was annoyed because I felt like I was misinformed about something. Could I have valet parked for $35? Because I would have preferred that, but I will never know. We are planning a trip back to the city in a month, and I will not be staying here, as it is just too much money for what little comfort we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King George Hotel is ideally located just steps from Union Square, seconds from San Francisco’s world-class shopping, dining and theatre. The hotel is two blocks from the historic Powell Street Cable Car line and a short walk or taxi ride to Moscone Convention Center, Civic Center, Sony Metreon, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Financial District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your King George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King George San Francisco
- Hotel King George
- King George Hotel San Francisco