Was in town for a large conference. Chose this because this was the least expensive of the conference-sanctioned hotel options.
--clean rooms and public spaces
--Good WiFi coverage (price included, too!)
--Excellent location--a block from Union Square Park, Macy's. 15 minute walk to Moscone Convention Center. Steps from many local restaurants. Walking to the Convention Center, I passed about 10 Starbucks.
--relatively quiet (with the windows closed) given location near Union Square, however I live in an urban area so I am used to some noise
--My room appeared to have been updated with new carpet and furnishings
--Environmentally friendly toiletry products, decent sized bathrooms (I've had much smaller, but also much larger), and good hot water and water pressure
-Close to several bus lines, MUNI subway, BART (for the airport), and one of the iconic Cable Cars.
--Ample closet space and hangers
--King George advertises a having "European flair." I translate this to relatively small rooms (plenty for 1 person traveling alone, but more than that we would be on top of each other all the time), no A/C (wasn't a problem in October), and a single, tiny elevator accompanied by a small, tightly winding staircase if you chose to walk up.
--If you need to open your window to cool off your room at night, you would be endlessly serenaded by someone singing "Stand By Me" (Daah-ling DAAAH-ling STAAAAND...BY ME....)
--Needs some updating in some of the common areas--it appears they are going about this floor by floor.
In summary, this was a good option for me since I spent most of my days at a convention, and really only came back to the hotel for a comfortable night's rest and to get a little work done. There are bigger names on the block, but they are no doubt much more expensive.
- Also Known As:
- King George San Francisco
- Hotel King George
- King George Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King George Hotel is ideally located just steps from Union Square, seconds from San Francisco’s world-class shopping, dining and theatre. The hotel is two blocks from the historic Powell Street Cable Car line and a short walk or taxi ride to Moscone Convention Center, Civic Center, Sony Metreon, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Financial District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your King George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.