This was our first visit to San Francisco and we were unsure which area to stay in. Fishermans Wharf was just perfect. The Best Western was excellently located, about 3 blocks from the sea front and within 5 minutes walk to Pier 39.
The room was abit on the small side, but OK for a 3 night stay. The front desk staff were very friendly with a dedicated concierge desk where guests could book excursions or just get information.
The free wine and nibbles served between 5pm and 6pm were a lovely touch. At first we thought there must be a catch, but the reception area was packed every evening and it was a great place to talk to fellow travellers.
The area felt safe to walk around at night as there were lots of people about with plenty of restaurants and bars to frequent.
I would stay at this hotel again without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan Inn, a Kimpton Hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman’s Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco